Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Happy Birthday to GNU
Top Forums Web Development MySQL DevZone RSS Happy Birthday to GNU Post 302234226 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 9th of September 2008 10:31:34 AM
Old 09-09-2008
Happy Birthday to GNU

MySQL celebrates the 25th Anniversary of the GNU project this September. Also, a community reminder that September 20 is "Software Freedom Day" around the World.

More...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Happy birthday Linux

Linux has turned 10 . Happy birthday and congrats to the hackers whose labor pains keep giving us new tarballs. (From /. ) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mib
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Birthday Calculation

Hi I have a simple question. Is there an easy way to read a date of birth from a file and calculate how old that person is based on today's date? And would I need the make sure the birthdates are enterered in a particular format? Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mustaine85
10 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX 40th Birthday

A little off topic, as far as not being a critical help issue, but I have been searching about for the OFFICIAL date that is considered the 40th Birthday of UNIX. Some folks mentioned it in March, I think do to a mention on Slashdot of the 40th birthday being this year, but I thought I recall... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
1 Replies

4. Linux

Happy Birthday Linux :)

The Linux kernel was originally created by Linus Torvalds, a Finnish computer science student, and first announced to the world on August 25, 1991-exactly 20 years ago today. At the time, Torvalds described his work as a "hobby" and contended that it would not be "big and professional" like the GNU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itkamaraj
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Happy birthday Neo

Wish you many many happy returns of the day, stay blessed. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
1 Replies
MSQL2MYSQL(1)						       MySQL Database System						     MSQL2MYSQL(1)

NAME
msql2mysql - convert mSQL programs for use with MySQL SYNOPSIS
msql2mysqlC-source-file ... DESCRIPTION
Initially, the MySQL C API was developed to be very similar to that for the mSQL database system. Because of this, mSQL programs often can be converted relatively easily for use with MySQL by changing the names of the C API functions. The msql2mysql utility performs the conversion of mSQL C API function calls to their MySQL equivalents. msql2mysql converts the input file in place, so make a copy of the original before converting it. For example, use msql2mysql like this: shell> cp client-prog.c client-prog.c.orig shell> msql2mysql client-prog.c client-prog.c converted Then examine client-prog.c and make any post-conversion revisions that may be necessary. msql2mysql uses the replace utility to make the function name substitutions. See replace(1). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 MSQL2MYSQL(1)