Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: USB Pen Drive & Hard Disk
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory USB Pen Drive & Hard Disk Post 302233974 by roboto2031 on Monday 8th of September 2008 10:27:03 PM
Old 09-08-2008
you can use dmesg to find the usb devices and then use mount to mount them to your system. one thing i have found is some spotty usb 2.0 usability with some usb devices on RH.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB pen drive support

Hello, I need information or tooling for using my USB pen drive (DANE-ELEC) in a unix environment. Until now I only get the "format window" in the unix machine but after giving OK for running the format, it never stops and I have to stop it manually. Seems that what I need is format my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Argento73
0 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

The best partitioning schem for a 250GB Sata hard drive & a 75GB SCSI hard drive

Hi I have 2 75GB SCSI hard drives and 2 250GB SATA hard drives which are using RAID Level 1 respectively. I wana have both FTP and Apache installed on them as services. I'm wondering what's the best partitioning schem? I wana use FC3 as my OS, so, I thought I can use the 75GB hard drive as the /... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbijan
0 Replies

3. SCO

USB hard drive problem

I have a USB hard drive attached to my SCO OSR6 machine I accidently powered it off while it was mounted and now the OS complains when you try to re-mount it and it appears that it is complaining because it has a new device number so it isn't at the original device location anymore. does anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garycrow
1 Replies

4. Solaris

USB Hard Disk Drive Supported by Sun Fire V890

Hi, Can anyone suggest me any USB Hard Disk Drive which I can connect to Sun Fire V890 and take backup at a quick speed. A test with SolidState USB Hard Drive for backup work was taking writing at 2GB per hour for a 75GB backup. Regards, Tushar Kathe (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tushar_kathe
1 Replies

5. Linux

How to Install Linux os from USB pen drive

can any body tell simple steps to install linux from pen drive (4gb) fat32 ( with out dvd rom ) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Can not Format USB hard drive

Hey i have a new USB 320GB harddrive i want to use in my Solaris 10 enviroment. i first had the drive format in windows with FAT32, Solaris was able to auto mount this drive and everything was fine, until i realised that it would not except files greater then 4gb, due to the limitations of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to mount USB Pen drive on my Server

Hello Gurus!! Very recently i tried to mount a USB pen drive onto my solaris 10 (X4170 model) server. As i understand, in ideal scenarios it should get mounted automatically, but it did not happen. Neither anything is shown in "iostat -En" output or "rmformat -l" about the pen drive. I also... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
10 Replies

8. Solaris

How to mount USB pen drive?

Hiii, Please let me know the steps for mounting my USB pendrive in solaris 10 platform. Thanks & Regards, Bhargav P (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
5 Replies

9. Solaris

How do I mount a USB Hard Drive?

I have a Sun-Fire V440 running with Solaris 9 and am trying to get a WD USB Hard Drive mounted. None of the articles I've read so far have helped. Output from rmformat: Looking for devices... 1. Volmgt Node: /vol/dev/aliases/rmdisk0 Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c5t0d0s2 ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldtimertj
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The disk drive for /tmp is not ready yet or not present && the disk drive for /boot is not ready yet

Hi Team when I boot the server I get this 2 errors : the disk drive for /tmp is not ready yet or not present the disk drive for /boot is not ready yet or not present and its stay like that , I m using Ubuntu 12.04 please if someone have any idea how to fix that problem . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SULTAN01
1 Replies