Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find | gawk --- NOT WORKING
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find | gawk --- NOT WORKING Post 302233763 by Needhelp2 on Monday 8th of September 2008 11:25:43 AM
Old 09-08-2008
find | gawk --- NOT WORKING

Hi every1Smilie

I have a problem with find and Pipe to gawk.

Find -name '*.txt' -> works fine.. Gives all the txt file under home directory and sub directories

But when I use it like this (see below).

Find -name '*.txt' | gawk -F '\t' "script" Smilie

It doesn't work.

Can you pls help?

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find/if statement not working

Hi guys: I am trying to delete multiple files in a folder with different names. Below is the script that I was trying, but it doesn't work ************************** #!/bin/ksh DATE=`date '+20%y%m%d'` DEL_DIR=<dir where files have to be deleted> let DATE2=$(($DATE - 2)) let DATE1=$(($DATE... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomonap
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find date Difference in AWK/GAWK with millisecond precision

Hi, I have a log file that has the date in this format "2006-05-30_13:14:04,256". I need to find the time difference between two log entries in milliseconds. How to achieve this in AWK/GAWK script? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omprasad
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find in which shell i am working..

Hi Friends, I am new for this site.i have a small query.plz let me know the command to find in which shell presently i am working. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pineapple
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command not working

Hi all, find command not working for me in a perticular directory.The same command is working fine in any other directory. Following is the command i issued: find . -type f -print my question is , is it possbile to disable a command only for a perticular directory ??...of course... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find with Prune not working

Hi I am trying to list all files in every subdirectory from a given location. However, I realise that 1 folder will have files that I am not interested in. This is using a .csh file to execute I have tried different scripts but to no avail. My current incarnation is below. Would someone be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wonderbison
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working with FIND command

Hi , In /home/etc/files path ran the following command find . -name 'ABC*' | wc -l The output of the above command is 25 as expected In path /home path ran the following command find . -name '/home/etc/files/ABC*' | wc -l The output of the abvoe command is 0 . Why the above... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk Find Pattern Print Lines Before and After

Using grep I can easily use: cvs log |grep -iB 10 -A 10 'date: 2013-10-30' to display search results and 10 lines before and after. How can this be accompished using gawk? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find not working right

if ] then leftarray=($(find . -type l -printf "%p\n" 2>/dev/null)) rightarray=($(find . -type l -printf "%l\n" 2>/dev/null)) for var in "${rightarray}" do maximumarray=`echo "$var" | tr -dc "/" | wc -c | tr -d " "` index=$(($index+1)) done ############# for numbers in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xpukm
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find && Gawk

I have several of the same file names(facts) in different directories that are "|" pipe delimited and are like such: xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1|blah|a|host|FQDN|domain||extra stuff blah1 blah2 host xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2|blah|a|host|FQDN|domain||extra stuff blah1 blah2 host... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk program not working in a script

I've written a very simple gawk program which runs when I execute it at the POSIX shell but the corresponding '.awk' script I wrote doesn't return any data. I'm on an HP-UX running gawk version 3.1. (w/all the defaults) (As you can probably guess I'm a newbie going through the manual and trying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RUCerius
2 Replies
NWDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NWDIAG(1)

NAME
nwdiag - generate network-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
nwdiag [options] files DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nwdiag commands. nwdiag is generate sequence-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -h, --help show this help message and exit. --version show program's version number and exit. -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter. -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE. -o FILE write diagram to FILE. -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram. -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format. SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://blockdiag.com/en/nwdiag/ AUTHOR
nwdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). June 11, 2011 NWDIAG(1)