Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Apache mod status buggy?
Top Forums Web Development Apache mod status buggy? Post 302233606 by 3rr0r_3rr0r on Monday 8th of September 2008 06:11:33 AM
Old 09-08-2008
Apache mod status buggy?

My problem is whenever I run mod status to capture the amount of byte count served I am getting 100+ gig of byte count! in 10 minutes!

But when I try to filter the apache log and count the byte count served in the same time stamp within 12 hours, it computes to less than 103 MB only

Just an fyi, the people who access my site is internal only, I have manually emailed each and everyone of them and asked the amount of data they downloaded and it tallies to less than 103mb of data.

Where does the gig of data coming from? my monitoring tool doesn't detect any high hardware utilization at those timings and my users aren't complaining that the site was crawling.

Is this a mod status bug?

--------------------
Total Accesses: 14643
Total kBytes: 78428394 <<----Does anyone knows how apache computes this one? Or the "Total kBytes" suppose to be "Total Bytes"???
CPULoad: .0275835
Uptime: 37595
--------------------

Is there anyone can point me on to this? Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache /server-status

HI, Where is the script for /server-status handler located? Can i change code of the script somehow? Thank you all (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem loading php.mod on apache 2.0

i am having a hard time loading the php4.module onto the apache 2.0 server that I am running.. i have tried to load it statically and through an install and stiill can't seem to connect to localhost through any of the ports that the manual suggested 80 8000 8080.. so far i have manged to load... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin - Buggy?

Hello, I am writing a bash script and it seems I can't get a simple conditional loop to work. Can someone please let me know why this does not work? #!/bin/sh echo " " echo "Searching other files..." #grep -l $0 testOutput_works.txt for x in `cat acct.txt` ; do echo $x done The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSims
5 Replies

4. Programming

Apache & nfs status from c++ application

Hello guys, I have just started building a high-available site using ubuntu server 9.10. I am using moodle. The thing is that i want to write an application using curses, to show the status of the apache servers, mysql servers and the nfs server. I can check the mysql from the c api, but how can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pegasus001
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-la

Have no idea on what the below error message is: Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-launcher.jar org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher -buildfile build.xml dist. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display status of instances in apache - Where to start

Hello, I know this is not a simple question so I just need to know where to start for below project: I am running under Ubuntu 18.04 What I'd like to see in apache page is to display status of particular process pids. ps aux | grep keywords.txt keywords.txt word1 word2 word3 word4... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
9 Replies
ldns(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   ldns(3)

NAME
ldns_buffer_write_at, ldns_buffer_write_at, ldns_buffer_write, ldns_buffer_write_string_at, ldns_buffer_write_string, ldns_buf- fer_write_u8_at, ldns_buffer_write_u8, ldns_buffer_write_u16_at, ldns_buffer_write_u16, ldns_buffer_read_at, ldns_buffer_read, ldns_buf- fer_read_u8_at, ldns_buffer_read_u8, ldns_buffer_read_u16_at, ldns_buffer_read_u16, ldns_buffer_read_u32_at, ldns_buffer_read_u32- SYNOPSIS
#include <stdint.h> #include <stdbool.h> #include <ldns/ldns.h> void ldns_buffer_write_at(ldns_buffer *buffer, size_t at, const void *data, size_t count); void ldns_buffer_write_at(ldns_buffer *buffer, size_t at, const void *data, size_t count); void ldns_buffer_write(ldns_buffer *buffer, const void *data, size_t count); void ldns_buffer_write_string_at(ldns_buffer *buffer, size_t at, const char *str); void ldns_buffer_write_string(ldns_buffer *buffer, const char *str); void ldns_buffer_write_u8_at(ldns_buffer *buffer, size_t at, uint8_t data); void ldns_buffer_write_u8(ldns_buffer *buffer, uint8_t data); void ldns_buffer_write_u16_at(ldns_buffer *buffer, size_t at, uint16_t data); void ldns_buffer_write_u16(ldns_buffer *buffer, uint16_t data); void ldns_buffer_read_at(ldns_buffer *buffer, size_t at, void *data, size_t count); void ldns_buffer_read(ldns_buffer *buffer, void *data, size_t count); uint8_t ldns_buffer_read_u8_at(ldns_buffer *buffer, size_t at); uint8_t ldns_buffer_read_u8(ldns_buffer *buffer); uint16_t ldns_buffer_read_u16_at(ldns_buffer *buffer, size_t at); uint16_t ldns_buffer_read_u16(ldns_buffer *buffer); uint32_t ldns_buffer_read_u32_at(ldns_buffer *buffer, size_t at); uint32_t ldns_buffer_read_u32(ldns_buffer *buffer); DESCRIPTION
ldns_buffer_write_at() writes the given data to the buffer at the specified position buffer: the buffer at: the position (in number of bytes) to write the data at data: pointer to the data to write to the buffer count: the number of bytes of data to write ldns_buffer_write_at() writes the given data to the buffer at the specified position buffer: the buffer at: the position (in number of bytes) to write the data at data: pointer to the data to write to the buffer count: the number of bytes of data to write ldns_buffer_write() writes count bytes of data to the current position of the buffer buffer: the buffer data: the data to write count: the lenght of the data to write ldns_buffer_write_string_at() copies the given (null-delimited) string to the specified position at the buffer buffer: the buffer at: the position in the buffer str: the string to write ldns_buffer_write_string() copies the given (null-delimited) string to the current position at the buffer buffer: the buffer str: the string to write ldns_buffer_write_u8_at() writes the given byte of data at the given position in the buffer buffer: the buffer at: the position in the buffer data: the 8 bits to write ldns_buffer_write_u8() writes the given byte of data at the current position in the buffer buffer: the buffer data: the 8 bits to write ldns_buffer_write_u16_at() writes the given 2 byte integer at the given position in the buffer buffer: the buffer at: the position in the buffer data: the 16 bits to write ldns_buffer_write_u16() writes the given 2 byte integer at the current position in the buffer buffer: the buffer data: the 16 bits to write ldns_buffer_read_at() copies count bytes of data at the given position to the given data-array buffer: the buffer at: the position in the buffer to start data: buffer to copy to count: the length of the data to copy ldns_buffer_read() copies count bytes of data at the current position to the given data-array buffer: the buffer data: buffer to copy to count: the length of the data to copy ldns_buffer_read_u8_at() returns the byte value at the given position in the buffer buffer: the buffer at: the position in the buffer Returns 1 byte integer ldns_buffer_read_u8() returns the byte value at the current position in the buffer buffer: the buffer Returns 1 byte integer ldns_buffer_read_u16_at() returns the 2-byte integer value at the given position in the buffer buffer: the buffer at: position in the buffer Returns 2 byte integer ldns_buffer_read_u16() returns the 2-byte integer value at the current position in the buffer buffer: the buffer Returns 2 byte integer ldns_buffer_read_u32_at() returns the 4-byte integer value at the given position in the buffer buffer: the buffer at: position in the buffer Returns 4 byte integer ldns_buffer_read_u32() returns the 4-byte integer value at the current position in the buffer buffer: the buffer Returns 4 byte integer AUTHOR
The ldns team at NLnet Labs. Which consists out of Jelte Jansen and Miek Gieben. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs to ldns-team@nlnetlabs.nl or in our bugzilla at http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/bugs/index.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 - 2006 NLnet Labs. Licensed under the BSD License. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
ldns_buffer. And perldoc Net::DNS, RFC1034, RFC1035, RFC4033, RFC4034 and RFC4035. REMARKS
This manpage was automaticly generated from the ldns source code by use of Doxygen and some perl. 30 May 2006 ldns(3)