Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL cgi script... extra character driving me crazy Post 302233569 by audiophile on Monday 8th of September 2008 04:16:47 AM
Old 09-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by era
The character is UTF-8, you want to convert it to whatever character set the rest of the characters are in.
Thanks for the tip. I found out I'm using the ISO-8859-1 character set. If I place my °F into a variable, what is the syntax to convert it to ISO-8859-1?

Last edited by audiophile; 09-08-2008 at 04:58 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix driving me crazy

:( :confused: what is performed by the following unix command: grep -v Jane project1.txt and grep ' 5\..' janet.txt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tendernisin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pleas help..this is driving me crazy

Hi, I've created a script in csh that takes a file and checks it for mispelled words. Im almost done but I need to do two more things but I need help. First, when displaying an incorrect word to the user, I need to show the line of the input file that contains the word. Second,if the user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hckygoli31
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape Characters are driving me crazy!

Hi everyone, Is there anywhere I can find a complete table of all characters that must be escaped by the various UNIX shells and scripting languages? It seems every command/shell/scripting language has different rules about what characters must be escaped. I do a lot of searching and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variable with @ sign is driving me crazy

Ok so I am working on a command that is going to do a Dig @ a certain IP address which is enclosed in a variable. Now I thought I had this figure out because it works. The problem is that it does not ALWAYS work. the variable is IP=192.168.1.1 the commands I have tried are dig... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrEddy
2 Replies

5. Web Development

perl cgi script not working

Hello, Met a problem learning perl cgi script. 1 #!/usr/bin/perl -wT 2 3 use strict; 4 use CGI qw(:standard); 5 6 my $q = new CGI; 7 8 my $filename = $q->param('/home/yifangt/hello.cgi'); 9 my $contenttype = $q->uploadInfo($filename)->{'Content-Type'}; 10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/Linux/Distributions - driving me crazy...

Hello there, first of all: I do not want to become a hacker. you cannot do that. you cannot learn that from a book. Don't think I'm some kind of a script-kiddie. now that's settled let's start. I've been trying around with a lot of OS lately. I have backtrack5 installed on my notebook,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dr. Nick
10 Replies

7. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : embedding java script with cgi perl script

Hi All, I am aware that html tags can be embedded in cgi script as below.. In the same way is it possible to embed the below javascript in perl cgi script ?? print("<form action="action.htm" method="post" onSubmit="return submitForm(this.Submitbutton)">"); print("<input type = "text"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)					      General Commands Manual						 BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)

NAME
bb-csvinfo.cgi - CGI program to show host information from a CSV file SYNOPSIS
bb-csvinfo.cgi DESCRIPTION
bb-csvinfo.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the bb-csvinfo.sh CGI wrapper. Based on the parameters it receives, it searches a comma- separated file for the matching host, and presents the information found as a table. bb-csvinfo.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the following parameters: key (string to search for, typically hostname) column (columnnumber to search - default 0) db (name of the CSV database file in $BBHOME/etc/, default hostinfo.csv) delimiter (delimiter character for columns, default semi-colon) CSV files are easily created from e.g. spreadsheets, by exporting them in CSV format. You should have one host per line, with the first line containing the column headings. Despite their name, the default delimiter for CSV files is the semi-colon - if you need a different delimiter, invoke bb-csvinfo.cgi with the "delimiter=<character>" in the query string. Example usage This example shows how you can use the bb-csvinfo CGI. It assumes you have a CSV-formatted file with information about the hosts stored as $BBHOME/etc/hostinfo.csv, and the hostname is in the first column of the file. Use with the bbgen --docurl The --docurl option to bbgen(1) sets up all of the hostnames on your Xymon webpages to act as links to a CGI script. To invoke the bb-csvinfo CGI script, run bbgen with the option --docurl=/cgi-bin/bb-csvinfo.sh?db=hostinfo.csv&key=%s SEE ALSO
bb-hosts(5), hobbitserver.cfg(5), bbgen(1) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)