Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cron execution of shell script Post 302233542 by Annihilannic on Monday 8th of September 2008 02:54:02 AM
Old 09-08-2008
I think you meant while :, not while .?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

execution of shell script

How can I execute another shell script from one? Malay (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a way to tell how long does a shell script's execution take?

Is there a way to tell how long does a shell script(or a shell command)'s execution take? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatic execution of shell script

Dear All, I want to execute a shell script,whlie system is booting. I was try using /etc/rc.d/rc.local file but its not working. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajamohan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script execution differs in cron

I have the following script (MyScript): #!/bin/sh ps U erv | grep -v grep | grep -F "/usr/bin/collect -o 101" echo "Result: $?" When executed from the command line, I get ... (the line containing /usr/bin/collect -o 101) Result: 0 (which is correct since collect is running) When I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost_neko
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OSX Cron Script Execution

Hello, On Mac OSX, I was wondering about my Cron Script: HELL=/bin/tcsh PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin HOME=/var/log MAILTO=jwillis 25 1 * * * root /Users/jwillis/Fbcmd\Scripts/DailyBirthday.scrmy returned message is: Subject: Cron... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwillis0720
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH using shell script terminates the script execution

Hello, I am writing a shell script in which i do ssh to remote server and count the number of files there and then exit. After the exit the shell script terminates which i believe is expected behavior. Can some one suggest me a way where even after the exit the script execution resumes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script execution in ab initio

Hi All, How to execute shell script for running Ab initio graphs? Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eshalife
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script execution issues

Hi, There's a shell script by name "download", which has been created as user "mgr" and that script needs to executed as user "dev". I tried giving privileges 701 on the script download. But it's throwing the error message bin]$ ./download /bin/bash: ./download: Permission denied ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh17
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Script on Solaris spawning 2 processes for one shell script execution

Hi, I am having a shell script on Solaris 10 which has a while loop as shown below. #!/usr/bin/ksh # while do sleep 60 done Name of the shell script is coldcentric.sh. I executed script /DATAWAREHOUSE/LOAD/Scripts/coldcentric.sh from a command task in Informatica worklow as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem with Cron: Script works manually but not w/Cron. Why?

Hello gurus, I am making what I think is a simple db2 call from within a shell script but I am having difficulty producing the desired report when I run the script shown below from a shell script in cron. For example, my script and the crontab file setup is shown below: #!/bin/ksh db2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: okonita
3 Replies
GIT-VAR(1)							    Git Manual								GIT-VAR(1)

NAME
       git-var - Show a Git logical variable

SYNOPSIS
       git var ( -l | <variable> )

DESCRIPTION
       Prints a Git logical variable.

OPTIONS
       -l
	   Cause the logical variables to be listed. In addition, all the variables of the Git configuration file .git/config are listed as well.
	   (However, the configuration variables listing functionality is deprecated in favor of git config -l.)

EXAMPLE
	   $ git var GIT_AUTHOR_IDENT
	   Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@lnxi.com> 1121223278 -0600

VARIABLES
       GIT_AUTHOR_IDENT
	   The author of a piece of code.

GIT_COMMITTER_IDENT
	   The person who put a piece of code into Git.

GIT_EDITOR
	   Text editor for use by Git commands. The value is meant to be interpreted by the shell when it is used. Examples: ~/bin/vi,
	   $SOME_ENVIRONMENT_VARIABLE, "C:Program FilesVimgvim.exe" --nofork. The order of preference is the $GIT_EDITOR environment variable,
	   then core.editor configuration, then $VISUAL, then $EDITOR, and then the default chosen at compile time, which is usually vi.

GIT_PAGER
	   Text viewer for use by Git commands (e.g., less). The value is meant to be interpreted by the shell. The order of preference is the
	   $GIT_PAGER environment variable, then core.pager configuration, then $PAGER, and then the default chosen at compile time (usually
	   less).

SEE ALSO
       git-commit-tree(1) git-tag(1) git-config(1)

GIT
       Part of the git(1) suite

Git 2.17.1							    10/05/2018								GIT-VAR(1)