Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fetchmail Ate my inbox!
Operating Systems Linux Fetchmail Ate my inbox! Post 302233530 by era on Monday 8th of September 2008 02:24:34 AM
Old 09-08-2008
If you are familiar with Perl or Python, they come with IMAP libraries which let you do something like this, although you would have to write a wrapper script around those libraries.

http://search.cpan.org/src/MARKOV/Ma...igrate_mbox.pl vaguely looks like it might do what you want. Otherwise, the append method as described in http://search.cpan.org/src/MARKOV/Ma...IMAPClient.pod is the thing you should probably use.

I don't know the feature set of Mutt because I don't use it; perhaps it has support for moving between folders on different servers, too. My experience with Gnus IMAP support is that this particular functionality used to be a bit lacking.

Last edited by era; 09-08-2008 at 03:37 AM.. Reason: Add Mutt and Gnus comments

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting a mail from inbox in unix

I want to programatically delete a mail from my inbox(preferrably through perl). Is there any unix command for the same or do we have some perl modules which can do this job. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xsriniva
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pine inbox

i have shell account at grex.org but i cannot get mauil with pine because the inbox cannot be found? any suggestion? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogeek
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract email from inbox

i want to extract the field from, subject and email body part from an inbox into a csv file under redhat 7.x. prefer perl script or any unix utilities. please help. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gxiong
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fetchmail taking long time to fetchmail...

Hi peeps, We are having around 60 users. The time set to retrieve the mail is 300 sec. But it's taking around 1 hour to deliver mails. I am using debian sarge 3.1. any clues? And how it will affect if I decrease the time? My machine has got 1 p4 3.0 GHZ processor and 1 GB ram. The home... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to lock an inbox using UNIX scripting

Hi All, I have an inbox , which recieves mails every second. I need to copy the contents of the mails in the inbox to a file , say once every minute. Then clear the content of the inbox. There is a possibility that a new mail might come in before I delete the content. Please let me know if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manju-he202
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Invoke a shell script on new email in inbox

Hello all, Is there a way I can invoke a shell script when ever a new mail is delivered to my account in solaris? Something like .forward file, instead of forwarding it to another email id, I want the email to be passed onto some shell script. Basically I want to extract the envelop... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atukuri
3 Replies

7. Programming

Access E-Mail Inbox using PHP

Hi Can anyone please help me out in the below requirement, Need to access the mailbox of any Email server like gmail, yahoo etc.. and access the Inbox and check Emails. If i have to access gmail Inbox of any user, My Input parameter will be the domain name, Email ID and Password. example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
3 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

A pattern matching Admin ate my hamster

I'm looking forward to learn something via this unix.com. You call me Non-Sense doesn't make any sense. Some people doesn't quote properly in english but they are all just looking for to take some sense out of this forum. If you're good in shell / perl scripting and you can't expect everyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
3 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Direct junk mails to inbox (instead of going to delete)

hi, some of my email are going into the junk box. so i have stopped the email junk filtering as per the below link Outlook 2013 Junk Email Filter - Litmus but now the mails are going into delete box instead of my inbox. so any idea how can i stop the junk emails going into delete box and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallikarjun7777
2 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)