Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers While loop in a nested if returns 'do unmatched' Post 302233482 by BMDan on Sunday 7th of September 2008 10:01:14 PM
Old 09-07-2008
What is:
Code:
done < $user

intended to accomplish?

Without going too deeply into your code, let me just point you in the right direction: each "if" needs a "then" and a "fi", and each "while" needs both a "do" and a "done".

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested loop

I have two do loops. When I break of the inner loop it doesn't go back to the outer loop but exit the program. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinog
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable in While Loop Nested If

Hi all, I'm having problems with the setting a variable in a nested if statement. It doesn't seem to change even if it mets the 'if' condition. My script essentially looks for a user name from the output from a kerberos command. When I find the user name, I tried to change a variable and exit... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: geass
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested Loop becomes slow

Hello I have some nested loop to display files and form menu item. The part of the code is below. I found that after runnining the script for a while the display becomes very slow. Does ksh shell provided any easy way to release variables, reinit, etc. while ];do script=0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekb
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested loop in Unix

Hi, I have the following script which is two while loops, but it is working only for the Inner loop without going back to the outer loop. the aim of this script is to remove data files from memory after each five times for each setting of the rotate parameter #!/bin/csh set hdir =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moon218
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop returns more output with awk

I need to get total number of hdisk not assigned to any VGs. PDC # lspv |grep None |awk '{print $1}' |wc 131 131 1099 So, it shows 131 hdisks. I need to look at the individual hdisk fget_config info like below: PDC # fget_config -Av |grep hdisk230 hdisk230 dac1 229... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested for loop in bash

Hi, How to use values in one for loop to other for loop. say "$sf_rel" variable has values "2011/W2 2011/G2" I want to use these values in inner for loop to process properly. $branch variable has G2 and 6 What is happening is outer for loop $i has 2011/W2 it is entering into inner... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested if loop

Hi Team, I just want to check whether my nested if loop used is correct or not. if ] if ] export1 else export2 fi else if ] export3 else export4 fi fi Thanks Shiva (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivashankar_S
5 Replies

8. Programming

MPI C++ in a nested loop

I have a MPI program like this: void slave1(int j){ MPI_Status status; MPI_Recv(&j,1,MPI_INT,0,0,MPI_COMM_WORLD,&status);} void slave2(int j){ MPI_Status status; MPI_Recv(&j,1,MPI_INT,0,1,MPI_COMM_WORLD,&status);} int main(int argc, char *argv){ int numprocs, rank; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanliushao
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested loop -bash

I am using the following nested loop for i in {1..3} do for y in {1..3} do if ; then echo P0${i}R${y}.fas mv P0${i}R${y}.fas P${i}R${y}.fas read -t 5 fi done done I was wondering if I can use a character such as * or ? instead of my second variable y. I tried R in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies
FEGETROUND(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					     FEGETROUND(3)

NAME
fegetround, fesetround -- functions providing access to the floating-point rounding mode. SYNOPSIS
#include <fenv.h> #pragma STDC FENV_ACCESS ON int fegetround(void); int fesetround(int round); DESCRIPTION
These functions provide control of floating-point rounding direction modes. The fegetround() function gets the current rounding direction. It returns the value of the rounding direction macro representing the current rounding direction, or a negative value if either there is no corresponding macro or if the rounding direction is not determinable. The fesetround() function sets the rounding direction to be that specified by the argument round. If the argument is not equal to the value of one of the rounding direction macros, the rounding direction is not changed. It returns zero if and only if the requested rounding direc- tion was established. SEE ALSO
fenv(3), feclearexcept(3), fegetenv(3), fegetexceptflag(3), feholdexcept(3), fesetenv(3), feraiseexcept(3), fesetexceptflag(3), feraiseexcept(3), feupdateenv(3) STANDARDS
These functions conform to ISO/IEC 9899:TC3. BSD
May 9, 2011 BSD