Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ALOM NETMGT port settings (sc/rsc) Post 302233480 by Smiling Dragon on Sunday 7th of September 2008 09:54:29 PM
Old 09-07-2008
It may be possible under some LOMs, but all the ones I've worked with are stuck on auto-neg.
If you need to have it at a particular speed, the best I can suggest is to force the switch port to that so the LOM follows suit.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

console access via serial port - settings

looking for the answer to console port access via 25pin serial. Can i tip in from another unix box for access? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplimarvelous
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RMI Port settings for different users

I have installed an application on AIX 5.3, however when i log in as the application owner i cannot open the RMI Port 1099. If i log in as root i can open the RMI port. Is there a specific setting that determines if a user can open the RMI port? I cannot add this user as part of SYS Admin group. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: speedo
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RSC question?

Has anyone had a message after attempting a telnet to an RSC server of: "Console session already in use." I'm attempting to access this server to setup a user account, and I'm having some problems. Does anyone have an idea or suggestion on how to proceed? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr-synapse
0 Replies

4. AIX

P520 AIX com port (tty0) settings

I have software running under AIX 5.3 that should communicate with a special device using standard communication protocol (Modbus) using serial RS-232 line The settings are correct in both sides, But I can't establish a connection. I suspect that there's something that I should do regarding the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayman metwally
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No Responses from ALOM using NET MGNT PORT on SunFire v245

Please Help... I have two sunfire V245 servers running Apache on Solaris 5.10. Both servers have the same settings and apps. Before we used serial port to connect to ALOM 1.6. We switched to net mgnt port because of virtualization of all our servers. Situation: Server 1 applied the solaris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glieu
1 Replies

6. Solaris

RSC configuration

Hi All, Please send the configuration for RSC in solaris. Thanks and Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
3 Replies

7. Solaris

LOM ALOM ILOM ELOM RSC SP commands equivalent

Has anyone got an equivalent commands sheet for all Sun's serial or network management ports? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: son_t
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun 8 +RSC

Hi All I have done a reboot for SUN Solaris 8 ( model SUNFIRE 280R) but i havent got the OK prompt i only got the following: RSC2 POST - Version 10-18-2000 0.7 Dual Port Memory Test, PASSED. TTY External - Internal Loopback Test TTY External - Internal Loopback Test, PASSED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alaa75
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Difference b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT

Hi Everyone. What is the differece b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT Service processor. I am trying reset ALOM login/passwd using scadm utility on T2000, while I am googling I came cross ALOM CMT doesnt support scadm utility, but ALOM supports. Not sure how different are these. Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
AXPORTS(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							AXPORTS(5)

NAME
/etc/ax25/axports - AX.25 port configuration file. DESCRIPTION
axports is an ASCII file that contains information about each of the physical AX.25 ports that are to be used. When dealing with an AX.25 utility such as call, it takes an argument that is the port name. This port name is a reference to the line within axports, which has that name as its first argument. The information on each line contains enough information to bind the command to a particular physical AX.25 interface, this binding is done by matching the callsign on the line in axports with the callsign of the port set by kissattach. The lines within axports must either be a comment line, which starts with a # in the first column, or a port description in the following format, each field being delimited by white space: name callsign speed paclen window description The field descriptions are: name is the unique identifier of the port. This is the name given as the port argument of many of the AX.25 support pro- grams. This is not in any way related to actual device identities, just unique callsign the callsign of the physical interface to bind to. speed this is the speed of interface, a value of zero means that no speed will be set by kissattach(8). paclen is the default maximum packet size for this interface. window the default window size for this interface. description a free format description of this interface, this field extends to the end of the line. This field may contain spaces. FILES
/etc/ax25/axports SEE ALSO
call(1), ax25(4), axparms(8), kissattach(8). Linux 2008-Feb-04 AXPORTS(5)