Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using mailx under solaris10
Operating Systems Solaris Using mailx under solaris10 Post 302233376 by TonyFullerMalv on Sunday 7th of September 2008 10:07:44 AM
Old 09-07-2008
Java Debugging mailx

$ mailx -v -s "subject" address@domain.com < file

Is useful because the -v means you getting debugging info' including the conversation with the smtp mail server (and what smtp server it is talking to).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

help,win2003 and solaris10 in a pc?

sorry,my english is poor. who can install win2003 and solaris10 in one pc ? my win2000server in hda1 so frist install win2003 in hda5 second install solaris10 in hda2 but after install over,the win2003 can't logon in. alway let me press<ctrl>+<alt>+<del>. why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keyi
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inst. Solaris10

I just download solaris 10, from sun.com, I have them ziped in my HD, How can I install them, so I can run solaris10, my present os is RH9; THANKS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxlst14
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Re: Crontab in solaris10

Hi all, I wrote a small shell (bash) script and it was executing well. I'm getting problem when I use this in crontab. My script is: #!/usr/bin/bash mkdir `date '+%m-%d-%y'` cd `date '+%m-%d-%y'` cvs co -r br_name module cd dir1/dir2/dir3 bash build.sh this is doing well... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gullapalli
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Solaris10

hi to all, I am newuser can anyone tell me from where i get the sun solaris 10 dumps. plz mail me at (no email addresses - read the RULES of these forums) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quickgun
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris10

Hi All How can we verify if any of the parameters we have change in Solaris10 after reboot. Like is there any command? Please advice Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran721
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OpenLDAP and Solaris10 problems

Hi All, I have configured OpenLDAP sucessfully and set following results indicating that the user is loaded on the LDAP database test5:/ $ cat /etc/passwd | grep admin777 test5:/ $ getent passwd admin777 admin777:x:5011:1000::/:/bin/bash test5:/ $ id admin777 uid=5011(admin777)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: esawyja
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Msktutil on Solaris10

Technical Prose: Solaris integration with Active Directory - Part I follow this guide,install solarisgcc,and dev libraries required. But after configure i get checking for res_search... yes checking for krb5_init_context in -lkrb5... yes checking for ldap_initialize in -lldap... yes... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris10 and pxeLinux

I want to run solaris10 with my pxelinux server i put on pxelinux.cfg/default this LABEL solaris 10 kernel mboot.c32 append -solaris solaris/boot/platform/i86pc/kernel/unix -v -m verbose install dhcp nowin nfs://192.168.0.2/jumpstart/config.tar -B install_media=192.168.0.2:/solaris... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
CALIBRE-SMTP(1) 						      calibre							   CALIBRE-SMTP(1)

NAME
calibre-smtp - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
calibre-smtp [options] [from to text] DESCRIPTION
Send mail using the SMTP protocol. calibre-smtp has two modes of operation. In the compose mode you specify from to and text and these are used to build and send an email message. In the filter mode, calibre-smtp reads a complete email message from STDIN and sends it. text is the body of the email message. If text is not specified, a complete email message is read from STDIN. from is the email address of the sender and to is the email address of the recipient. When a complete email is read from STDIN, from and to are only used in the SMTP negotiation, the message headers are not modified. Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-smtp that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -l, --localhost Host name of localhost. Used when connecting to SMTP server. -o, --outbox Path to maildir folder to store failed email messages in. -f, --fork Fork and deliver message in background. If you use this option, you should also use --outbox to handle delivery failures. -t, --timeout Timeout for connection -v, --verbose Be more verbose COMPOSE MAIL Options to compose an email. Ignored if text is not specified -a, --attachment File to attach to the email -s, --subject Subject of the email SMTP RELAY Options to use an SMTP relay server to send mail. calibre will try to send the email directly unless --relay is specified. -r, --relay An SMTP relay server to use to send mail. --port Port to connect to on relay server. Default is to use 465 if encryption method is SSL and 25 otherwise. -u, --username Username for relay -p, --password Password for relay -e, --encryption-method Encryption method to use when connecting to relay. Choices are TLS and SSL. Default is TLS. SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> calibre-smtp (calibre 0.6.53) July 2010 CALIBRE-SMTP(1)