Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I need your help.
Operating Systems Solaris I need your help. Post 302233325 by matrixmadhan on Sunday 7th of September 2008 06:11:46 AM
Old 09-07-2008
Quote:
It can be done without reading the file if that is a requirement.
Interesting ! Smilie

How is that possible to know a pattern in a file without actually reading it ?

I think this is not possible.

Did you mean, hiding or encapsulating the reading interface ?

TIFFSetDirectory(3T)													      TIFFSetDirectory(3T)

NAME
TIFFSetDirectory, TIFFSetSubDirectory - set the current directory for an open TIFF file SYNOPSIS
#include <tiffio.h> int TIFFSetDirectory(TIFF* tif, tdir_t dirnum) int TIFFSetSubDirectory(TIFF* tif, uint32 diroff) DESCRIPTION
TIFFSetDirectory changes the current directory and reads its contents with TIFFReadDirectory. The parameter dirnum specifies the sub- file/directory as an integer number, with the first directory numbered zero. TIFFSetSubDirectory acts like TIFFSetDirectory, except the directory is specified as a file offset instead of an index; this is required for accessing subdirectories linked through a SubIFD tag. RETURN VALUES
On successful return 1 is returned. Otherwise, 0 is returned if dirnum or diroff specifies a non-existent directory, or if an error was encountered while reading the directory's contents. DIAGNOSTICS
All error messages are directed to the TIFFError(3T) routine. %s: Error fetching directory count. An error was encountered while reading the ``directory count'' field. %s: Error fetching directory link. An error was encountered while reading the ``link value'' that points to the next directory in a file. SEE ALSO
libtiff(3T), TIFFCurrentDirectory(3T), TIFFOpen(3T), TIFFReadDirectory(3T), TIFFWriteDirectory(3T) October 15, 1995 TIFFSetDirectory(3T)