Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I need your help.
Operating Systems Solaris I need your help. Post 302233303 by matrixmadhan on Sunday 7th of September 2008 04:07:23 AM
Old 09-07-2008
Quote:
what Im asking is that if I can check it automatically once the file contains this pattern with out any cronjob
Then you should be going for your own job, with an "always running script" to check for every 5 minutes or so

check-hostname(1M)					  System Administration Commands					check-hostname(1M)

NAME
check-hostname - check if sendmail can determine the system's fully-qualified host name SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/check-hostname DESCRIPTION
The check-hostname script is a migration aid for sendmail(1M). This script tries to determine the local host's fully-qualified host name (FQHN) in a manner similar to sendmail(1M). If check-hostname is able to determine the FQHN of the local host, it reports success. Other- wise, check-hostname reports how to reconfigure the system so that the FQHN can be properly determined. FILES
/etc/hosts Host name database /etc/nsswitch.conf Name service switch configuration file /etc/resolv.conf Configuration file for name server routines ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), hosts(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2003 check-hostname(1M)