Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I need your help.
Operating Systems Solaris I need your help. Post 302233288 by yahyaaa on Sunday 7th of September 2008 03:19:58 AM
Old 09-07-2008
I need your help.

Dear All,

I need Your help....

we have a an out file that is updated from time to time ( every x seconds )... can we make a script to check if the file contains a spesific patteren.... if it does, we need to make an action like running another script.....

is this possible without makin cronjob to check wiehther the file contains the pattern or not ? I mean when the input file recieves "?????" do action.

Thanks so much for your help..

avahi-dnsconfd(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 avahi-dnsconfd(8)

NAME
avahi-dnsconfd - Unicast DNS server from mDNS/DNS-SD configuration daemon SYNOPSIS
avahi-dnsconfd [options] avahi-dnsconfd --kill avahi-dnsconfd --refresh avahi-dnsconfd --check DESCRIPTION
avahi-dnsconfd connects to a running avahi-daemon and runs the script /etc/avahi/dnsconfd.action for each unicast DNS server that is announced on the local LAN. This is useful for configuring unicast DNS servers in a DHCP-like fashion with mDNS. OPTIONS
-D | --daemonize Daemonize after startup and redirect log messages to syslog. -s | --syslog Log to syslog instead of STDERR. Implied by --daemonize. -k | --kill Kill an already running avahi-dnsconfd. (equivalent to sending a SIGTERM) -r | --refresh Tell an already running avahi-dnsconfd to refresh the DNS server data. (equivalent to sending a SIGHUP) -c | --check Return 0 as return code when avahi-dnsconfd is already running. -h | --help Show help -v | --version Show version information FILES
/etc/avahi/avahi-dnsconfd.action: the script to run when a DNS server is found or removed. SIGNALS
SIGINT, SIGTERM: avahi-dnsconfd will shutdown. This is issued by passing --kill to avahi-daemon. SIGHUP: avahi-dnsconfd will refresh the DNS server data. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-daemon(8), avahi-dnsconfd.action(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-dnsconfd(8)