Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Upgrade Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 Post 302233211 by TonyFullerMalv on Saturday 6th of September 2008 06:00:59 PM
Old 09-06-2008
You'll need to:
1. Learn about the SMF system that replaces the rc scripts to start things on boot-up. 2, Ensure that /etc/resolv.conf only has 3 nameserver lines in it if you want to use a search line after them (I know the DNS client always only used the first 3 DNS servers).
3. The ldapsearch command now supports SSL (hooray!).
4. Link /etc/ipnodes to /etc/hosts unless you have an up to date enough Solaris 10 such that it is already done for you.
5. Watch out for NFS 4 servers and clients which need more configuring than NFS V3 did.
6. The ssh, etc. commands are provided now but are in /usr/bin, not /usr/local/bin (where the SFW package put them) and the ssh_config and sshd_config file have moved to /etc/ssh from /usr/local/etc.
7. Some openwindows commands have gone, others have moved to /usr/dt/bin.
8. Using secure LDAP for user authentication, etc. prevents Firefox using the user's own certificate database.
9. Output format from nslookup has changed (for reverse lookup I think).
10. A prtdiag wrapper is now in the path (hooray!).
11. Various shared memory and semaphore entries that went into /etc/system are now obsolete (no longer needed!).

Those are the main things that have changed and/or had to be addresses that I have come across so far.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9 to Solaris 10 upgrade on Sun Fire 3800

Hello there! I have Sun Fire 3800 with very old Solaris 9 and I need to perform upgrade to concurrent Solaris 10 version, preserving current OS configuration. I supose to make it using Live Upgrade, but according to Solaris Live Upgrade Software: Minimum Patch Requirements page, I need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Upgrade Solaris 11.1 to Solaris 11.2 beta?

Ive googled a bit, but could not find out how to upgrade to Solaris 11.2 beta, using the IPS package manager. Does anyone know how to do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
4 Replies
SSH-LDAP-HELPER(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					SSH-LDAP-HELPER(8)

NAME
ssh-ldap-helper -- sshd helper program for ldap support SYNOPSIS
ssh-ldap-helper [-devw] [-f file] [-s user] DESCRIPTION
ssh-ldap-helper is used by sshd(1) to access keys provided by an LDAP. ssh-ldap-helper is disabled by default and can only be enabled in the sshd configuration file /etc/ssh/sshd_config by setting AuthorizedKeysCommand to ``/usr/libexec/openssh/ssh-ldap-wrapper''. ssh-ldap-helper is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from sshd(8) via ssh-ldap-wrapper. The options are as follows: -d Set the debug mode; ssh-ldap-helper prints all logs to stderr instead of syslog. -e Implies -w; ssh-ldap-helper halts if it encounters an unknown item in the ldap.conf file. -f ssh-ldap-helper uses this file as the ldap configuration file instead of /etc/ssh/ldap.conf (default). -s ssh-ldap-helper prints out the user's keys to stdout and exits. -v Implies -d; increases verbosity. -w ssh-ldap-helper writes warnings about unknown items in the ldap.conf configuration file. SEE ALSO
sshd(8), sshd_config(5), ssh-ldap.conf(5), HISTORY
ssh-ldap-helper first appeared in OpenSSH 5.5 + PKA-LDAP . AUTHORS
Jan F. Chadima <jchadima@redhat.com> BSD
April 29, 2010 BSD