Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to call an Executable (.exe) using shell Post 302233080 by RahulJoshi on Friday 5th of September 2008 11:11:43 PM
Old 09-06-2008
Use this syntex
> /<completepath>/scriptname [args if any]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe

At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe. please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssahu
6 Replies

2. Programming

function call in executable

Hi, I want to write a program in C or in Perl which will tell me that a function is called in which executables. I tried to use the unix command like 'nm', 'strings' and so on to find out whether a function is called in that executable or not but could not able to find a clue. The whole... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocky_74
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to call executable from script

Now I am using the HP-UX11.11 version. The scripts are runninh in KSH shell. While I wan to call one executable of any Pro*C file, I have got the following error, however the executable is running fine directly. testpri Started at 10.05.200923:40 /usr/lib/dld.sl: Bad magic number for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyankak
0 Replies

4. Programming

how to call c executable inside c program??

hi guys i have only basic knowledge of c so guys plz help me ..... i want 2 call c executable which requires file name as argument and i need to modify file contents before calling that executable now my question is how can i call this c executable inside another c program with arguments ?? i... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
9 Replies

5. Programming

Call a C programming executable inside a C program

hi guys i have only basic knowledge of C so guys plz help me ..... is C language support call the C executable inside the C ?? example contect mainA.c have a many function define in the struct,when i compile mainA and make a executable the name is ( A ),can i use executable C inside the C... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: isnoname
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell programming - running the exe file and printing the output.. ?

hai i have a directory lib in that lib directory i have 10 batch files. step i have to do is 1) EXECUTE ALL THE FILES by using the command dwarfdump <filename>| grep DW_AT_SUN_command_line and put the output in one text file.instead of executing the files for all the 10 files... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: shenthil76
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

send arguments to a .exe file from a shell script

Folks , can anyone post a sample showing a way to parse a variable containing a string to a .exe file . Thanks Venu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run .exe inside shell script

I have to run some shell scripts in Windows using Cygwin. I am able to achieve that using %BASH% --login -i "/cygdrive/d/script.sh" , where %BASH% is an environment variable in Windows set to C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe. I have a created a Cygwin environment variable $EXE_PATH =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemanthJayasimh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make a .exe file executable in Linux?

Dear all, I download a .exe file in my current folder called: ukbmd5.exe. I was told to run the command below: ukbmd5 ukb25278.enc to verify the integrity of the files that you have downloaded and the program ukbmd5 has been made available to assist with decrpying ukb25278.enc. while when I run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forevertl
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs to call python executable to process multiple bam files

I am running the below loop that to process the 3 bam files (which isn't always the case). A .py executable is then called using | xargs sh to further process. If I just run it with echo the output is fine and expected, however when | xargs sh is added I get the error. I tried adding | xargs... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
FORWARD_STATIC_CALL(3)							 1						    FORWARD_STATIC_CALL(3)

forward_static_call - Call a static method

SYNOPSIS
mixed forward_static_call (callable $function, [mixed $parameter], [mixed $...]) DESCRIPTION
Calls a user defined function or method given by the $function parameter, with the following arguments. This function must be called within a method context, it can't be used outside a class. It uses the late static binding. PARAMETERS
o $function - The function or method to be called. This parameter may be an array, with the name of the class, and the method, or a string, with a function name. o $parameter - Zero or more parameters to be passed to the function. RETURN VALUES
Returns the function result, or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 forward_static_call(3) example <?php class A { const NAME = 'A'; public static function test() { $args = func_get_args(); echo static::NAME, " ".join(',', $args)." "; } } class B extends A { const NAME = 'B'; public static function test() { echo self::NAME, " "; forward_static_call(array('A', 'test'), 'more', 'args'); forward_static_call( 'test', 'other', 'args'); } } B::test('foo'); function test() { $args = func_get_args(); echo "C ".join(',', $args)." "; } ?> The above example will output: B B more,args C other,args SEE ALSO
forward_static_call_array(3), call_user_func_array(3), call_user_func(3), is_callable(3), information about the callback type. PHP Documentation Group FORWARD_STATIC_CALL(3)