Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to edit file and delete entry Post 302233064 by tannu on Friday 5th of September 2008 08:23:09 PM
Old 09-05-2008
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Actually the xml file looks like
#vi package.xml
<rpm>drivers-3.6.22-${release}.${arch}.rpm</rpm>
#
And if I want to delete this entry then what should be the sysntax?

I tried
Code:
sed '/<rpm>drivers-3.6.22-${release}.${arch}.rpm</rpm>/d' /root/packages.xml

but i did't worked.Can you please let me know.

Appreciate your help.

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 03-29-2010 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to edit txt file by shell script?

What I want to do is just delete some lines from a text file, I know it's easy using copy and redirect function, but what I have to do is edit this file (delete the lines) directly, as new lines may be added to the text file during this period. Can AIX do this ? # cat text 1:line1 2:line2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dupeng
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to edit the content of a file

Hi I need some help using shell script to edit a file. My original file has the following format: /txt/email/myemail.txt /txt/email/myemail2.txt /pdf/email/myemail.pdf /pdf/email/myemail2.pdf /doc/email/myemail.doc /doc/email/myemail2.doc I need to read each line. If the path is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger99
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit a config file using shell script

I need to edit a config file using shell script. i.e., Search with the 'key' string and edit the 'value'. For eg: below is what I have in the config file "configfile.cfg". Key1=OldValue1 Key2=OldValue2 I want to search for "Key1" and change "OldValue1" to "NewValue1" Thanks for your... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshomallur
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit date entry inside a file

Hi All, I wanted to edit the date value located at /var/opt/CPsuite-R65/fw1/conf/local.scv. The date entry looks like this : :Signature (">=20100717") How can I update the date value by 1 day every other day while preserving the margins of the whole file in a shell script? I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: achillesxv
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to edit a file

Hello, I have a big file in wich I would like to rename inside this exactly the string '_ME' and not rename in case we have 'ABC_MELANGE'. Is there a way to do it by using a shell script? Any tip will be apreciated. The file is like described bellow, after using command more filename : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Titas
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to edit file to have one line entry?

Hello All, My file content is: DROP TABLE "FACT_WORLD"; CREATE TABLE "FACT_WORLD" ( "AR_ID" INTEGER NOT NULL, "ORG_ID" INTEGER NOT NULL ) DATA CAPTURE NONE COMPRESS YES; I want to change this file to have entries in one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash2508
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to edit a file

i have a file called number which contains data as 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 0 1 2 3 4 needed a shell script to print the output as 1 7 7 1 4 and (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacky29
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update an entry of another file in a Shell script?

Hi all, Say I have a shell script called update_password.sh - in this script I want to perform a task to update a specified entry of another file (e.g. users.passpords) update_password.sh #!/bin/bash -e PW_FILE_DIR="${A_DIR}/.../..." PW_FILE="users.passwords" I want to update the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Edit the file in shell script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am trying to automate hadoop installation procedure using shell script. It involves go to perticular directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdul Navaz
3 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.12.3 2011-06-11 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)