Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MySQL service start error
Top Forums Programming MySQL service start error Post 302232786 by saravanakumar on Friday 5th of September 2008 07:38:02 AM
Old 09-05-2008
MySQL service start error

Hi,

I have installed MySql version 5.0.67 in RedHat LINUX version 5. The installation completed successfully.

When I am trying to start the service an error occured the error shown below

".......Manager of pid-file quit without updating file"

Can anyone help me to fix the problem.

Regards
S.Saravanakumar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql would not start: missing mysql.sock

I recently installed mysql-standard-5.0.21-solaris9-sparc-64bit.pkg on a Solaris 9 machine (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250). The package installation went very smooth, however, starting mysql is a different story. I get the message below everytime I try to start mysql: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a Script to Start as a Service

Hi, I have a shell script t1.sh. on my solaris box. So, what are the steps required to make this script run as a Service, when the system re-starts. (for ex:- at run level 3). I know that I should use the rc.d folders. But I don't know the exact steps. Kindly explain, Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start a service as user

Hi I need a service to be start as user after a reboot. My script in /etc/init.d contain the following: start() { su - $USER cd ${INSTALL_PATH}/bin ./MyApp -X exit return 0 } This function stops after su - $USER, I get user shell, and only if I manualy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
5 Replies

4. AIX

Q: how to start a service when system start

As topic, assume we have a service called "blahservice" and we can start it by: startsrc -s blahservice what is the best practice to run such command when system start? - directly use mkitab to add it into /etc/inittab or - drop startup scripts in /etc/rc.d/rcX.d I know they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acerlinux
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

vsftpd service failed to start

hi, i am using RHEL 5 and i am not able to on the vsftp i have tried to on the vsftp service using command service vsftpd start Starting vsftpd for vsftpd: i am posting the content of my /etc/xinetd.d/vsftpd file # description: The vsftpd FTP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u.n.i.x
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

VSFTPD Service Failed to Start

Today I have installed VSFTPD but service is failing to start. We have been using standard FTP successful but need to introduce an FTPS option. I have run YUM install VSFTPD and everything appeared to load ok. (If I run rpm - qa | grep vsftpd I get vsftpd-2.0.5-16.el5_4.1 which I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaulComins
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Can't start NTOP service/daemon

I have installed version of ntop 4.0.3 by guide. But I can't start ntop daemon/service. I didn't find a service file for starting. During the installation there was no problem only want to RRDTool so I installed that. Now there is no necessary package required. I didn't find in /etc/init.d/... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
9 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

9. Ubuntu

start service when get login prompt

Hi Team, I am using DRBL environment on Ubuntu. When my machine starts some times it's not starting lxdm & nslcd service. Because of that i didn't get graphic mode & also not able to authenticate user as nslcd is also stops. I have to login as root and restart these two services, then i am able... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
0 Replies

10. Solaris

How to make SMF service start last?

I need to start a service among the last on a freshly booted system. Via the manifest, I've made it dependent on very milestone on the computer yet the service still comes back with an error that a kstat variable in the kernel does not exist. I run it right the service process right there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JWH
6 Replies
DH_INSTALLSYSTEMD(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLSYSTEMD(1)

NAME
dh_installsystemd - install systemd unit files SYNOPSIS
dh_installsystemd [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [--no-enable] [--name=name] [unitfile...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installsystemd is a debhelper program that is responsible for enabling, disabling, starting, stopping and restarting systemd unit files. In the simple case, it finds all unit files installed by a package (e.g. bacula-fd.service) and enables them. It is not necessary that the machine actually runs systemd during package installation time, enabling happens on all machines in order to be able to switch from sysvinit to systemd and back. For only generating blocks for specific service files, you need to pass them as arguments, e.g. dh_installsystemd quota.service and dh_installsystemd --name=quotarpc quotarpc.service. FILES
debian/package.service, debian/package@.service If this exists, it is installed into lib/systemd/system/package.service (or lib/systemd/system/package@.service) in the package build directory. debian/package.tmpfile If this exists, it is installed into usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/package.conf in the package build directory. (The tmpfiles.d mechanism is currently only used by systemd.) debian/package.target, debian/package@.target If this exists, it is installed into lib/systemd/system/package.target (or lib/systemd/system/package@.target) in the package build directory. debian/package.socket, debian/package@.socket If this exists, it is installed into lib/systemd/system/package.socket (or lib/systemd/system/package@.socket) in the package build directory. debian/package.mount If this exists, it is installed into lib/systemd/system/package.mount in the package build directory. debian/package.path, debian/package@.path If this exists, it is installed into lib/systemd/system/package.path (or lib/systemd/system/package@.path) in the package build directory. debian/package.timer, debian/package@.timer If this exists, it is installed into lib/systemd/system/package.timer (or lib/systemd/system/package@.timer) in the package build directory. OPTIONS
--no-enable Disable the service(s) on purge, but do not enable them on install. Note that this option does not affect whether the services are started. Please remember to also use --no-start if the service should not be started. --name=name Install the service file as name.service instead of the default filename, which is the package.service. When this parameter is used, dh_installsystemd looks for and installs files named debian/package.name.service instead of the usual debian/package.service. Moreover, maintainer scripts are only generated for units that match the given name. --restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is the default behaviour in compat 10. In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. --no-restart-after-upgrade Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10). If no other options are given, this will cause the service to be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script. -r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop service on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a corresponding init script). Note that this option does not affect whether the services are enabled. Please remember to also use --no-enable if the services should not be enabled. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments). Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHORS
pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLSYSTEMD(1)