Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vi in Leopard
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Vi in Leopard Post 302232773 by sentinel on Friday 5th of September 2008 06:59:26 AM
Old 09-05-2008
You may also want to get the latest Vim from Mac Vim (Again).

Google code has also released a stable version of Vim 7 (GUI) which is quite slick, altho I seem to find it slower than the gvim available from Mac Vim (Again).

macvim - Google Code

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Emacs in terminal for OS X Leopard

I had a question about using Emacs in terminal. Is it not possible to do add ons if you do not have the GUI version? I ask because in everything I have read, it says you need to edit a ~/.emacs file which I do not seem to have. Anyone know how I can add add ons? Thanks a lot in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: USFstudent
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mac backup script in leopard

Hi all I had a nice simple backup script on my mac running Tiger. I used an Automator 'Run Shell Script' command that loaded psync and backed up one directory on an external drive to a directory on another external drive. This was the command /usr/local/bin/runpsync 0 0 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Billy T
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash Location in Leopard

Hi, Where is bash located in Leopard? According O'Reilly's "Bash Cookbook" Mac OS 10.2 and newer ship with bash as /bin/sh. But I checked and there is a /bin/bash. Which would I use in my shebang when writing BASH scripts? Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Install X11 Tiger on Leopard

Hi! A bug on X11 leopard prevent me from using a program through ssh channel. My unix guru suggest me to install X11 tiger, in which the bug is absent. So I tried to follow the step given by Ben Byer. My problem is simple, the first step : sudo launchctl unload -w... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ctrl-o in bash on os X leopard -- how does it work exactly?

I'm going through "learning the bash shell" by newham and rosenblatt. I'm trying to ctro-O to execute and then go on to the next command in the history list, ctrl-o again, etc. (I'm just trying to get a feel for it in case I want to use it). But ctrl-o does nothing. Can someone help me out as to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

MacPorts on Snow Leopard

Hello everyone. I was previously using MacPorts 1.8 on Mac OS 10.5.8 without any problems and everything was working well. I recently upgraded to Xcode 3.2 and Mac OS 10.6, since then my MacPorts installation has not been working at all. I deleted it and then reinstalled the .dmg from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HoldenCaulfield
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Alpine 2 on Snow Leopard

I've just installed Alpine on Snow Leopard but can't seem to get a default spell checker configured for it. What happened to spell? I can't find it at all on 10.6, must have been some changes. Does anyone know about the default unix spell checker on SL? Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: platz
0 Replies
VIMTUTOR(1)						      General Commands Manual						       VIMTUTOR(1)

NAME
vimtutor - the Vim tutor SYNOPSIS
vimtutor [-g] [language] DESCRIPTION
Vimtutor starts the Vim tutor. It copies the tutor file first, so that it can be modified without changing the original file. The Vimtutor is useful for people that want to learn their first Vim commands. The optional argument -g starts vimtutor with gvim rather than vim, if the GUI version of vim is available, or falls back to Vim if gvim is not found. The optional [language] argument is the two-letter name of a language, like "it" or "es". If the [language] argument is missing, the lan- guage of the current locale will be used. If a tutor in this language is available, it will be used. Otherwise the English version will be used. Vim is always started in Vi compatible mode. FILES
/usr/local/lib/vim/tutor/tutor[.language] The Vimtutor text file(s). /usr/local/lib/vim/tutor/tutor.vim The Vim script used to copy the Vimtutor text file. AUTHOR
The Vimtutor was originally written for Vi by Michael C. Pierce and Robert K. Ware, Colorado School of Mines using ideas supplied by Charles Smith, Colorado State University. E-mail: bware@mines.colorado.edu. It was modified for Vim by Bram Moolenaar. For the names of the translators see the tutor files. SEE ALSO
vim(1) 2001 April 2 VIMTUTOR(1)