Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sendmail does not accord to the hosts order in Solaris nsswitch.conf Post 302232772 by bruhnf on Friday 5th of September 2008 06:50:10 AM
Old 09-05-2008
After you make the changes in nsswitch.conf, did you the inetd process?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

/etc/nsswitch.conf hosts ldap dns

Hi all Is there any reason to have "hosts ldap dns" as line in /etc/nsswitch.conf ? My understanding is that ldap does not contain any host information..(?) Best regards...Ludwig (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ludwig
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail not working anymore after resolv.conf change

Hi there, I am having a small issue with the mail function on our controllers. Recently we set up all the boxes as NFS slave servers and mail sending was not affected. We then had to change the servers addresses in resolv.conf and now email is being queued and not being sent. I have restarted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Question about nsswitch.conf

Hi, I was told to add the "nis" in front of "files" for below lines in /etc/nsswitch.conf was not in a good practise. I tried to search in google and man page for nsswitch.conf and can't find the answer. could someone please help me? passwd: nis files shadow: nis files group: nis files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beeloo
2 Replies

4. Solaris

[Solaris 10] /etc/hosts.allow

Hi, I am trying to find a Solaris 10 alternative to the HPUX inetd.sec functionality. I want to grant access to one service for one IP address only. # grep fme2eall /etc/services fme2eall 35000/tcp # svcs -a | grep fme2eall online Mar_09 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
2 Replies

5. Solaris

/etc/hosts.allow on Solaris 10

I added some entries in the /etc/hosts.allow on a Solaris 10 system. Do I need to bounce inetd? I have read some accounts where any changes made to the /etc/hosts.allow will be taken in automatically. And other accounts where you need to run: svcadm refresh inetd My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snoman1
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through hosts file - cat /etc/resolv.conf

Hello... I am trying to loop through my hosts file that contains 100+ servers to check or update the nameservers on them... My while loop is breaking after the first server responds... #!/bin/bash while read line; do a=( $(echo $line | tr " " "\n") ) if }" != "" ] && }" != "#" ] &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CompSCI
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

HPUX nsswitch.conf issue

Hi all, There wasn't nsswitch.conf file in my HPUX server. So I copied /etc/nsswitch.files to /etc/nsswitch.conf and changed the content like below. passwd: compat group: compat hosts: files dns nis ipnodes: dns files services: nis files networks: nis... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Configure resolv.conf and nsswitch.conf

Hi, I've installed Solaris 11.3(live media) and configured DNS. Everytime I reboot the server, resolv.conf got deleted and it created a new nsswitch.conf. I used below to configure both settings: # svccfg -s dns/client svc:/network/dns/client> setprop config/nameserver = (xx.xx.xx.aa... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flexihopper18
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can't open nodes-6379.conf in order to acquire a lock: Permission denied

I am getting error on redis server on linux 7.5 after change the default path /var/lib/redis to /redisdata, and enable cluster-enabled yes. It would be really appreciate if some one can check and suggest on this issue. error code: 1240:C 09 Sep 2018 13:53:51.058 # oO0OoO0OoO0Oo Redis is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadeemrafikhan
3 Replies
ldminfod(8)															       ldminfod(8)

NAME
ldminfod -- output login sessions and available locales SYNOPSIS
ldminfod DESCRIPTION
ldminfod will output the login sessions and locales available. it is usually run from an inetd(8) instance. it is used by ldm(1) to remotely determine available login and locale settings. EXAMPLE
add the following lines to /etc/inetd.conf(5): 9571 stream tcp nowait nobody /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/ldminfod SEE ALSO
ldm(1), inetd(8), inetd.conf(5). AVAILABILITY
ldminfod is part of ldm package and the latest versions are available in source form from https://launchpad.net/products/ltsp. MAN PAGE AUTHOR
copyright 2006-2009 Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@freegeek.org>, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 or any later version. Vagrant Cascadian 20090515 ldminfod(8)