Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sampling and Binning- Engineering problem Post 302232612 by Needhelp2 on Thursday 4th of September 2008 11:00:04 PM
Old 09-05-2008
hi era,

I am trying to modify the code so I can get the count and sum for every event type in one row. This with the five second block.

Wanted output:

Timestamps--CountA--CountB--SumA---SumB

Below is the modify code ( but it is not working)Smilie

..can you please help.. Smilie

thanks

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;

my ($t1, $sumA, $countA,$sumB, $countB, $block);

while (<>) {
chomp;
my ($timestamp, $event, $value) = split (/ /);
my ($h, $m, $s) = split (/:/, $timestamp);
my $t = $s + 60*$m + 3600*$h;

if (! defined $t1 || $t >= $t1) {
if (defined $t1) {
print ++$block, " ", $countA, " ", $sumA, " ", $countB, " ", $sumB, "\n";
}
$t1 = $t + 5;
$sumA = $countA = 0;
$sumB = $countB = 0;
}
if ($event eq "A") {
++$countA;
$sumA += $value;

if ($event eq "B") {
++$countB;
$sumB += $value;
}
}
}
if ($countA,$countB) {
print ++$block, " ", $countA, " ", $sumA, " ", $countB, " ", $sumB, "\n";

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

trimming and binning rows

I could not find this on the search.. I want to know how to trim a row so lets say I have a file that looks like this: bob 88888888888888 and I want to trim column 2 (lets say 4 off the front and end) bob 888888 Also, how would I bin column 2 Lets so I want to add and average... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

data sampling

I have a requirement where I have multiple flat file sources. I need to create sample data from each source. Example: Source 1 has 10 flat files-- member, transaction,item,email,....etc Now if I get any 10 records (say first 10 records) from the member flat file, I need to find those matching... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrivederci
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binning rows while skipping the first column

Hi I have a file that I want to bin. I am using this code: awk -F'\t' -v r=40 '{for(i=r;i<=NF;i+=r){for(j=0;j<r;j++){sum+=$(i-j)}printf "%s ", sum/r;sum=0}; printf "\n"}' file1 > file2 So basically what this code does is that it will averaging every 40 columns (creating bins of 40). But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sampling pcap file

Hi, I have a standard pcap file created using tcpdump. The file looks like 06:49:36.487629 IP 202.1.175.252 > 71.126.222.64: ICMP echo request, id 52765, seq 1280, length 40 06:49:36.489552 IP 192.120.148.227 > 71.126.222.64: ICMP echo request, id 512, seq 1280, length 40 06:49:36.491812 IP... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajal.bhatia
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in binning the data

hi i have some data like this input: 1 apples oranges 234 2 oranges apples 2345 3 grapes bananas 1000000 4 melons banans 10000000 5 bananas apples 5000000 6 mangoes banans 2000000 7 apples bananas 1999999 i want to put all those which are coming between 1 and 999999 in to one bin... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot 3d binning

Hello I have a text file with tens of thousands of rows The format is x y where both x and y can be anything between -100 and +100. What I would like to do is have a 3d gnuplot where there are 10,000 squared or bins and each bin will count how many rows have a value that would be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garethsays
1 Replies
mfontset_lookup(3m17n)						 The m17n Library					    mfontset_lookup(3m17n)

NAME
mfontset_lookup - Lookup a fontset. SYNOPSIS
MPlist * mfontset_lookup (MFontset * fontset, MSymbol script, MSymbol language, MSymbol charset) DESCRIPTION
Lookup a fontset. The mfontset_lookup() function lookups fontset and returns a plist that describes the contents of fontset corresponding to the specified script, language, and charset. If script is Mt, keys of the returned plist are script name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. If script is a script name symbol, the returned plist is decided by language. o If language is Mt, keys of the plist are language name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. A key may be Mt which means some fallback fonts are specified for the script. o If language is a language name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the specified script and language. FONT-GROUP is a plist whose keys are FLT (FontLayoutTable) name symbols (Mt if no FLT is associated with the font) and values are pointers to MFont. o If language is Mnil, the plist is fallback FONT-GROUP for the script. If script is Mnil, the returned plist is decided as below. o If charset is Mt, keys of the returned plist are charset name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. o If charset is a charset name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the charset. o If charset is Mnil, the plist is a fallback FONT-GROUP. RETURN VALUE
It returns a plist describing the contents of a fontset. The plist should be freed by m17n_object_unref(). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mfontset_lookup(3m17n)