Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Gnome 2.2 gets very sluggish on FreeBSD 7 Post 302232499 by era on Thursday 4th of September 2008 03:14:43 PM
Old 09-04-2008
Do you get anything in your .xsession-errors during the long time it's thinking? I used to have something like that which I think I traced to a startup sound which wouldn't play because the sound config was hosed.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Start Gnome in FreeBSD 4.5

I was finally able to get FreeBSD working with X-windows and KDE. I installed Gnome also. However am not given the chance to run Gnome when I type: startx at the command line. KDE seems to be default How can I run Gnome too? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lancest
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD 4.4 Uninstalling KDE or GNOME

Hey all :) I finally got around to installing FreeBSD 4.4, which considering it's my first attempt with *nix, didn't go too badly. I've managed to configure X and everything else, but I've got a bit of a problem, lol. I installed KDE and GNOME. I had a rough idea as to what they were, but I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hellz
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installed GNOME on FreeBSD! need help with several things

Hi guys, I still have "microsoft windows" eyes so this unix freebsd stuff still looks very alien to me. Yesterday I managed to install freebsd 5.1 on my dell notebook. And today I got Gnome 2.2 working. I have this problem I can only login to Gnome with my normal user account, and not with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dalma
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

installed GNOME on FreeBSD! need help with several things

ps. i posted this first on UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers , Sorry about the double post Hi guys, I still have "microsoft windows" eyes so this unix freebsd stuff still looks very alien to me. Yesterday I managed to install freebsd 5.1 on my dell notebook. And today I got Gnome 2.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dalma
2 Replies

5. BSD

Help with installing Gnome on FreeBSD

Recently, i have installed FreeBSD 5.3 on my computer. I then proceeded to install the latest version of Gnome. I went to the FreeBSD handbook and looked up how to set Gnome as my default window manager, and for some reason it did not work. I was wondering what exactly the command is to do set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgmyshko
4 Replies

6. BSD

Install Gnome 2.22 in FreeBSD

at root command line # pkg_add -r gnome2 This will download the latest GNOME 2.22 packages from the FreeBSD FTP site, and proceed to install them on your system. Up-to-date GNOME packages for i386 and amd64 for all supported versions of FreeBSD are also available from the GNOME Tinderbox.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: very9music
0 Replies

7. BSD

Installing gnome on freebsd

I have a fresh 64-bits install of FreeBSD 8.1 on a machine, but having issues with getting gnome to work. I have followed the guidelines on FreeBSD GNOME Project: GNOME 2.32 FAQ In summary that is: pkg_add -r gnome2 Add gnome_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf After a reboot and logging in, there... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome

Hi I'm looking for scripts to backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies
libgpilotd(3)							C Library Functions						     libgpilotd(3)

NAME
libgpilotd, libgpilotdcm, libgpilotdconduit - C interfaces for gnome-pilot daemon DESCRIPTION
libgpilotd, libgpilotdcm, libgpilotdconduit are three core gnome-pilot libraries. libgpilotd is for gnome-pilot daemon. libgpilotdcm is for gnome-pilot conduit management. libgpilotdconduit is for gnome-pilot conduits. The gnome-pilot daemon monitors for pilot connections on one or more devices. Gnome-pilot has default conduits for backing up files and installing files. It also includes an API for creating conduits Other packages exist that provide additional conduits. For example, the Evolution mail/calendar/memo PIM application suite. FILES
The following files are used by this library: /usr/lib/libgpilotd.so gpilotd shared library /usr/lib/libgpilotdcm.so gpilotd conduit management shared library /usr/lib/libgpilotdconduit.so gpilotd conduit shared library ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-pilot | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gpilot-install-file(1), gpilotd(1), gpilotd-control-applet(1), pilot-xfer(1), libpisock(3), libpisync(3), attributes(5), gnome-inter- faces(5) NOTES
Written by Jerry Yu, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 30 Jul 2008 libgpilotd(3)