Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Download Oracle on Linux RHEL5 ?? Post 302232354 by radoulov on Thursday 4th of September 2008 09:59:06 AM
Old 09-04-2008
The documentations says:

Code:
if [ $USER = "oracle" ]; then
  if [ $SHELL = "/bin/ksh" ]; then
    ulimit -p 16384
    ulimit -n 65536
  else
    ulimit -u 16384 -n 65536
  fi
fi

It's ksh, not bash (I guess in some ksh implementations -p means number of processes). In bash it's the -u option.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

LINUX Download

I would like to download a basic copy of LINUX to my PC as a sandbox in which I can run basic commands and functions as a learning tool. I have an older PC - Pentium III Processor at 1GHz, 128MB RAM at 133 MHz, Windows ME operating system. Is there a version of LINUX that would be compatible with... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ednan171
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Download

Can you download Linux and install it on a machine using Windows 95? I'd like to learn it with my old laptop. Any ideas? nov_user :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nov_user
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux free download

Hello, I am not sure where to post this questions... I have Windows XP in my home computer. I need to install Linux on my home computer for learning purpose. Can one please recommend any free download link to download free linux... Any help is appreciated... Thank you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: govindts
1 Replies

4. Linux

Can not play sound in Linux RHEL5.

Hi All, Recently I installed Linux RHEL5 on my machine. It seems that I can not play sound on RHEL5. I have real player installed along with RHEL5 but, when I try to play any song, the error message comes up saying "Can not open the audio device.Another application may be using it." Does any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gydave
2 Replies
ULIMIT(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 ULIMIT(3)

NAME
ulimit - get and set user limits SYNOPSIS
#include <ulimit.h> long ulimit(int cmd, long newlimit); DESCRIPTION
Warning: This routine is obsolete. The include file is no longer provided by glibc. Use getrlimit(2), setrlimit(2) and sysconf(3) instead. For the shell command ulimit, see bash(1). The ulimit call will get or set some limit for the current process. The cmd argument can have one of the following values. UL_GETFSIZE Return the limit on the size of a file, in units of 512 bytes. UL_SETFSIZE Set the limit on the size of a file. 3 (Not implemented for Linux.) Return the maximum possible address of the data segment. 4 (Implemented but no symbolic constant provided.) Return the maximum number of files that the calling process can open. RETURN VALUE
On success, ulimit returns a nonnegative value. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EPERM A non-root process tried to increase a limit. CONFORMING TO
SVID. SEE ALSO
bash(1), getrlimit(2), setrlimit(2), sysconf(3) Linux 2.0 1998-06-12 ULIMIT(3)