Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Access time of a file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Access time of a file Post 302232299 by aluiken on Thursday 4th of September 2008 08:23:17 AM
Old 09-04-2008
It's the time a process last accessed it to read/write contents.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Semi-operators using Root access all the time ?

I am just curious about your opinion on something which I am against. I work at the client location. Our office is very small (4 employees + 1 teamlead where 1 employee per 12hrs shifts) and we are responsible to process the reception of external files into the client's database via some tools.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
3 Replies

2. Programming

time access in C

I've a problem with time functions in C. I get current time and convert it to local time and gmt time. But their value seems to be same.I think I'm missing something.. #include <stdio.h> #include <memory.h> #include <time.h> int main() { time_t now_local, now_gmt; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need the last access time for a .gz file

i have file named aaaa. The file aaaa was zipped on one particular time. Need to know the command to find out when the file "aaaa" was actually zipped. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: expert
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File access time does not change on some files

Hey All, I want to get the access time of files in a directory. I used ls -lu on a directory and picked a file that had the access time of Mar 1 and used cat to get the contents of the file. Then I used the ls -lu again and the access time changed on that file. Perfect !! Now if I cat a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipulgupta0
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get access time of a file upto the precision of seconds?

Hi , How can I get the last access time of a file upto the precesion of seconds in Unix. I cannot use stat as this is not supported. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanus
10 Replies

6. Red Hat

File access time issue

Hi, I am facing a weird file access time issue on redHat5.x. I have a program which will scan the files in the NFS system and delete files which are older than 4 days, before deleting files program will print the access time of the file. Some of the files are getting deleted which are not older... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Access time of files and directories

My query please: What I saw how access times of a file and directories work. 1) For a file the access time is the time when I 1st access it after last modification of the file, i.e., if the file is modified at 10 AM and then I access it at 11 AM. After than whenever I access without... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does 'grep' update a file's access date/time?

I've got a job that finds and removes trace files based upon an access time of more than seven days (I've also tried a modify date). find TABC* -atime +7 -exec rm + find TABC* -mtime +7 -exec rm + Whether I use -atime or -mtime, the process seems to work sporadically. Sometimes it removes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

9. Programming

Memory and cache access time discrepancy

#include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<sys/time.h> #include<time.h> #include "rdtsc.h" #define SIZE 4*64*1024 int main() { unsigned long long a,b; int arr={0}; int i; register int r; a=rdtsc(); r=arr; b=rdtsc(); printf("1st element Access Cycles = %llu\n",b-a); (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhavs1985
2 Replies
pthread_rwlock_init(3T) 												   pthread_rwlock_init(3T)

NAME
pthread_rwlock_init(), pthread_rwlock_destroy() - initialize or destroy a read-write lock SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
rwlock Pointer to the read-write lock to be initialized or destroyed. attr Pointer to the attributes object that defines the characteristics of the read-write lock to be initialized. If the pointer is NULL, default attributes are used. DESCRIPTION
initializes the read-write lock referenced by rwlock with the attributes attr. If attr is NULL, the default read-write lock attributes are used. Upon successful initialization, the state of the read-write lock becomes initialized and unlocked. Attempting to initialize an already initialized read-write lock object results in undefined behavior. The macro can be used to initialize read-write locks which are statically allocated. The effect is equivalent to dynamic initialization by a call to with the attr parameter specified as NULL, except that no error checks are performed. The read-write lock will be initialized with default attributes. If the process-shared attribute in the read-write lock attributes object referenced by attr is defined as the read-write lock must be allo- cated such that the processes sharing the read-write lock has access to it. This may be done through the memory-mapping functions (see mmap(2)) or shared memory functions (see shmget(2)). destroys the read-write referenced by rwlock. This function may set rwlock to an invalid value. The destroyed read-write lock can be reinitialized using the function If the read-write lock is referenced after destruction in any read-write lock call, the resulting behavior is undefined. A read-write lock should be destroyed only when no threads are currently using it. Destroying a read-write lock which is currently in use results in undefined behavior. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: The necessary resources (other than memory) to initialize rwlock are not available. rwlock is an already initialized read-write lock. However, getting for reinitializing the rwlock cannot be expected all the time since the behavior of reinitializing the rwlock is undefined. The value specified by rwlock or attr is invalid. There is insufficient memory available in which to initialize the read-write lock rwlock. The caller does not have the privilege to perform the operation. If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: rwlock is currently locked or being used by other threads. The value specified by rwlock is invalid. WARNINGS
The space for the read-write lock must to be allocated before calling Undefined behavior may result if the process-shared attribute of attr is and the space allocated for the read-write lock is not accessible to cooperating threads. AUTHOR
and were developed by X/Open. SEE ALSO
pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3T), pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock(3T), pthread_rwlock_trywrlock(3T), pthread_rwlock_unlock(3T), pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_rwlock_init(3T)