Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Access time of a file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Access time of a file Post 302232292 by MartyIX on Thursday 4th of September 2008 08:10:58 AM
Old 09-04-2008
Access time of a file

I thought that access time of a file is time when the file was run last time (or I read somewhere that it's time when system lookup the file -> but I'm not sure when it really is)

How is it exactly?

Thank you for help!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Semi-operators using Root access all the time ?

I am just curious about your opinion on something which I am against. I work at the client location. Our office is very small (4 employees + 1 teamlead where 1 employee per 12hrs shifts) and we are responsible to process the reception of external files into the client's database via some tools.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
3 Replies

2. Programming

time access in C

I've a problem with time functions in C. I get current time and convert it to local time and gmt time. But their value seems to be same.I think I'm missing something.. #include <stdio.h> #include <memory.h> #include <time.h> int main() { time_t now_local, now_gmt; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need the last access time for a .gz file

i have file named aaaa. The file aaaa was zipped on one particular time. Need to know the command to find out when the file "aaaa" was actually zipped. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: expert
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File access time does not change on some files

Hey All, I want to get the access time of files in a directory. I used ls -lu on a directory and picked a file that had the access time of Mar 1 and used cat to get the contents of the file. Then I used the ls -lu again and the access time changed on that file. Perfect !! Now if I cat a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipulgupta0
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get access time of a file upto the precision of seconds?

Hi , How can I get the last access time of a file upto the precesion of seconds in Unix. I cannot use stat as this is not supported. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanus
10 Replies

6. Red Hat

File access time issue

Hi, I am facing a weird file access time issue on redHat5.x. I have a program which will scan the files in the NFS system and delete files which are older than 4 days, before deleting files program will print the access time of the file. Some of the files are getting deleted which are not older... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Access time of files and directories

My query please: What I saw how access times of a file and directories work. 1) For a file the access time is the time when I 1st access it after last modification of the file, i.e., if the file is modified at 10 AM and then I access it at 11 AM. After than whenever I access without... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does 'grep' update a file's access date/time?

I've got a job that finds and removes trace files based upon an access time of more than seven days (I've also tried a modify date). find TABC* -atime +7 -exec rm + find TABC* -mtime +7 -exec rm + Whether I use -atime or -mtime, the process seems to work sporadically. Sometimes it removes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

9. Programming

Memory and cache access time discrepancy

#include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<sys/time.h> #include<time.h> #include "rdtsc.h" #define SIZE 4*64*1024 int main() { unsigned long long a,b; int arr={0}; int i; register int r; a=rdtsc(); r=arr; b=rdtsc(); printf("1st element Access Cycles = %llu\n",b-a); (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhavs1985
2 Replies
PAM_TIME(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						       PAM_TIME(8)

NAME
pam_time - PAM module for time control access SYNOPSIS
pam_time.so [debug] [noaudit] DESCRIPTION
The pam_time PAM module does not authenticate the user, but instead it restricts access to a system and or specific applications at various times of the day and on specific days or over various terminal lines. This module can be configured to deny access to (individual) users based on their name, the time of day, the day of week, the service they are applying for and their terminal from which they are making their request. By default rules for time/port access are taken from config file /etc/security/time.conf. If Linux PAM is compiled with audit support the module will report when it denies access. OPTIONS
debug Some debug information is printed with syslog(3). noaudit Do not report logins at disallowed time to the audit subsystem. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the account type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS Access was granted. PAM_ABORT Not all relevant data could be gotten. PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_PERM_DENIED Access was not granted. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN The user is not known to the system. FILES
/etc/security/time.conf Default configuration file EXAMPLES
#%PAM-1.0 # # apply pam_time accounting to login requests # login account required pam_time.so SEE ALSO
time.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8). AUTHOR
pam_time was written by Andrew G. Morgan <morgan@kernel.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_TIME(8)