Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX partition can't be recognized by Ubuntu Post 302232206 by frankoko on Thursday 4th of September 2008 04:53:05 AM
Old 09-04-2008
I cannot perform the fdisk -l

# fdisk -l /dev/sda
Unable to open /dev/sda

When I looked my disk via GParted it said that my disk is /dev/sda
How come?
I'm trying to make tri-system boot to be honest. When I combined Ubuntu and WIndows there was no problem.. It worked well when I combined Solaris and Windows..

I've followed this step but nothing happened.. The Solaris still could be booted.
Should I use OpenSolaris instead of Solaris X86?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

format fat partition in unix

I got a FAT partition mounted as /mnt, as I believed you only can mount partitions when they are formated, but when I want to copy a file to the /mnt partition I only get errors...should I format it or do I have to change settings? I only can work through the "WebMin" (a GREAT TOOL!) cause I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NaRtHeXs
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove a unix boot partition ?

Hi group member, I'm as new as a newbie can get on Unix, so bear with me . I just got a task of installing NT on a box that had some sort of unix on it. Once I reboot, i always get a Grub> screen and I dont' know how to get rid of it. Just relying on the nt install parition don't seem to be able... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwanm63
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set up unix partition..

I am trying to set up an partition to an existing unix partition. I need to add a partition with XP. Is there a way I can do this without having to start all over? The software I have on my unix box is a very long and tiresome process. Maybe ghost that image somehow? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rado03
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me on unix partition

Can anyone help me on the following question. Thks alot. Suggest a partitioning scheme for a stand-alone unix server with two 40GB discs supporting 100 users. Each partition should be identified with the following information: 1. The partition name (either a mount point or swap).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluewind79
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I run unix in the same partition with windows?

Can I run unix in the same partition with windows xp? Because I have one for now.. Thank you for answers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olddays
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

resizing partition SCO unix

Everybody help me ....!!!! I've tried to resize my hardisk to the real size alway failed. my hardisk is 40MB samsung 5400rpm, but I've already installed on it my applications on 8GB partition there so much free available space but I can't use it. how to resize it to real 40GB.......?????????? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guhzeman
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Where to download unix not unix flavours like ubuntu, redhat etc.

I checked unix.org but did not find any link where i can download basic unix flavour. any idea from where i can download unix. thanks in advance. - nilesh (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
14 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Installing Ubuntu in the same partition as Vista

Hi , I hav a laptop with Vista, i need to install Ubuntu along with vista on it. But the problem is tht i donot hav a hard drive partition. though i have abt 70 gb of free space. the only other partition is "recovery" one, so i cnt play with it how shld i perform the installation ?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshay61286
4 Replies

9. Ubuntu

deleting ubuntu partition and reassigning unallocated

I realize this is more a gparted concern, but am having a user name problem and not getting in to their forum. My spouse is reaching a critical space issue in XP and needs to recapture the assigned Ubuntu space to windows. I can delete it easy enough with gparted live CD, but am lost with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 77yrold
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I link my Ubuntu desktop to a separate partition?

I have a dual boot system on my laptop running Windows 7 professional and Ubuntu 10.10. I would like my windows 7 desktop C:\users\username\Desktop and also my Ubuntu 10.10 desktop /home/username/Desktop to both save their files to the same location somewhere...perhaps /windows (a 40 gb win32... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
0 Replies
import-bug-from-debian(1)				      General Commands Manual					 import-bug-from-debian(1)

NAME
import-bug-from-debian - Import bugs from Debian's BTS, and file them against Ubuntu in LP. SYNOPSIS
import-bug-from-debian [options] bug... import-bug-from-debian -h DESCRIPTION
import-bug-from-debian clones bugs from Debian's BTS into Launchpad. Each bug listed on the command line has its initial report re-filed against the same source package in Ubuntu. The Ubuntu bug is linked back to its Debian counterpart. Each bug may be provided either as a bug number or URL. OPTIONS
-b, --browserless Don't open the bug in a browser at the end. -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -l INSTANCE, --lpinstance=INSTANCE Use the specified instance of Launchpad (e.g. "staging"), instead of the default of "production". -p PACKAGE, --package=PACKAGE Launchpad package to file bug against, if not the same source package name as Debian. Useful for importing removal bugs filed against ftp.debian.org. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. ENVIRONMENT
All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. IMPORT_BUG_FROM_DEBIAN_LPINSTANCE, UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The default value for --lpinstance. SEE ALSO
ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHORS
import-bug-from-debian was written by James Westby <james.westby@ubuntu.com>, and this manual page was written by Stefano Rivera <ste- fanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2. ubuntu-dev-tools September 21 2010 import-bug-from-debian(1)