Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users j2_maxPageReadAhead & j2_nBufferPerPagerDevice and CIO Post 302232190 by zaxxon on Thursday 4th of September 2008 03:26:15 AM
Old 09-04-2008
I asked for "vmstat -vs", not a simple vmstat. Also the iostat I asked for was for the disks which you think might make trouble.

The only thing I can see is that you have a high I/O wait.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

turning CIO on and how to monitor

Hi Guys, I have a database server where we run AIX 5.3 on a power5 box and we just turned on CIO (concurrent I/O) for the database filesystems. Now my assumption is that enabling CIO the database basically will bypass the filesystem cache releasing some extra memory that can be allocated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hariza
1 Replies

2. AIX

turning CIO on and how to monitor

Hi Guys, I have a database server where we run AIX 5.3 on a power5 box and we just turned on CIO (concurrent I/O) for the database filesystems. Now my assumption is that enabling CIO the database basically will bypass the filesystem cache releasing some extra memory that can be allocated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hariza
1 Replies

3. Linux

Is Concurrent I/O (CIO) available on Linux?

Hi Guys, I just wondering if any of the AIX gurus with some exposure to Linux Redhat can tell me whether in Linux ( Red Hat or OpenSuse ) we have a similar option/capability like the CIO (Concurrent I/O) which is currently available on AIX. The reason I'm asking is because in the past we... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CIO in AIX

Hi, I'm reading AIX documentation : Examples 1.To list the mounted file systems, enter: mountThis command produces output similar to the following: node mounted mounted over vfs date options ---- ------- ------------ --- ------------ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies
mlib_ImageMoment2(3MLIB)				    mediaLib Library Functions					  mlib_ImageMoment2(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_ImageMoment2 - second moment SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_ImageMoment2(mlib_d64 *moment, const mlib_image *img); DESCRIPTION
The mlib_ImageMoment2() function computes the second moment of each channel in an image. It uses the following equation: 1 w-1 h-1 moment[i] = ----- * SUM SUM img[x][y][i]**2 w*h x=0 y=0 PARAMETERS
The function takes the following arguments: moment Pointer to moment array, where length is the number of channels in the image. img Pointer to an image. RETURN VALUES
The function returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_ImageMoment2_Fp(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Mar 2007 mlib_ImageMoment2(3MLIB)