Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting changing month in Mmm format to mm FORMAT Post 302232159 by agn on Thursday 4th of September 2008 02:20:25 AM
Old 09-04-2008
Something like this could work:
Code:
awk -v mon=$mon 'BEGIN { months="janfebmaraprmayjunjulaugsepoctnovdec";}  END { print int(index(months, tolower(mon))/3) + 1 }'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print current month - 1 in string format

I need to get the current month -1 in string format, like Feb-2006. I am using k shell. Any help is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogli4
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ddmmyyyy to dd-mmm-yy format?

Hi All, Can anyone tell me a simple way of converting a date in ddmmyyyy format to dd-mmm-yy format. For example 17022006 to 17-FEB-06 Thanks in advance Regards, Gaurav (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgoel
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting month and changing format

Hello, I would like to get todays moth and write it in this format: _06_ Any ideas? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marringi
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing from Excel date format to MySQL date format

I have a list of dates in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy and want to change these to the MySQL standard format: yyyy-mm-dd. The dates in the original file may or may not be zero padded, so April is sometimes "04" and other times simply "4". This is what I use to change the format: sed -i '' -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for month conversion in numeric format

Hi Experts, How to convert months into numeric format with the help of some script: Suppose I want: " Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sept | Oct | Nov | Dec " to be converted as : " 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 " Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to fetch month format files in a file

I have files like pra.01 sra.02 see.03 swc.03 sre.04 after dot it contain month format when ever user type "01" month i have to fetch what are 01 files to come (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgoud
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl one-liner to get yesterday's date in format dd-MMM-yy (i.e. 01-JAN-12)

I have the following perl one-liner to get yesterday's date, but I would like it in the form of dd-MMM-yy (for example: 01-JAN-12). Can someone alter the below code so I get the format I want? Also, could someone also give me a line for dd-Mmm-yy (for example 01-Jan-12)? Code: YEST=`perl -w... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert date format such as 7/18/2015 to the number of month

How to convert date format such as 7/18/2015 to the number of month from requesting date 'date' in sh scripting ? Let say I have output in my log.txt -> 7/18/2015. How I convert it to the full number of month starting from 'date' till 7/18/2015 in shell scripting ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amerabest
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get last 12 month date in YYYY.MM format?

I need the date format in YYYY.MM format and I am able to get current month date as well as previous month date with below command PM=`date +'%Y.%m' -d 'last month'` CM=`date +'%Y.%m' -d 'now'` but I need to get YYYY.MM date format for previous 12 months so could you please help me how I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to convert mmm-yy to mm/dd/yyyy format in UNIX ?

How to convert mmm-yy to mm/dd/yyyy format in unix ? example: Jan-99 to 01/01/1999 Jan-00 to 01/01/2000 Jan-25 to 01/01/2025 Dec-99 to 01/12/1999 Dec-00 to 01/12/2000 Dec-25 to 01/12/2025 YY anything between 00-50 should be 2000-2050 YY anything between 51-99 should be 1951-1999 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
2 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal, ncal -- displays a calendar and the date of easter SYNOPSIS
cal [-jy] [[month] year] cal [-j] -m month [year] ncal [-jJpwy] [-s country_code] [[month] year] ncal [-Jeo] [year] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility displays a simple calendar in traditional format and ncal offers an alternative layout, more options and the date of easter. The new format is a little cramped but it makes a year fit on a 25x80 terminal. If arguments are not specified, the current month is dis- played. The options are as follows: -J Display Julian Calendar, if combined with the -e option, display date of easter according to the Julian Calendar. -e Display date of easter (for western churches). -j Display Julian days (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -m month Display the specified month. -o Display date of orthodox easter (Greek and Russian Orthodox Churches). -p Print the country codes and switching days from Julian to Gregorian Calendar as they are assumed by ncal. The country code as deter- mined from the local environment is marked with an asterisk. -s country_code Assume the switch from Julian to Gregorian Calendar at the date associated with the country_code. If not specified, ncal tries to guess the switch date from the local environment or falls back to September 2, 1752. This was when Great Britain and her colonies switched to the Gregorian Calendar. -w Print the number of the week below each week column. -y Display a calendar for the specified year. A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calen- dar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month and year; the month is either a number between 1 and 12, or a full or abbreviated name as specified by the current locale. Month and year default to those of the current system clock and time zone (so ``cal -m 8'' will display a calendar for the month of August in the current year). A year starts on Jan 1. SEE ALSO
calendar(3), strftime(3) HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 5 AT&T UNIX. The ncal command appeared in FreeBSD 2.2.6. AUTHORS
The ncal command and manual were written by Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The assignment of Julian--Gregorian switching dates to country codes is historically naive for many countries. BSD
November 23, 2004 BSD