Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting want to get previous date from date command in ksh Post 302232150 by agn on Thursday 4th of September 2008 01:41:38 AM
Old 09-04-2008
Code:
$ date +%F
2008-09-04
$ date +%F -d '-1 day'
2008-09-03

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find Previous date and Coming date

Hi All, How to find a date which is 7 days from the current date as well as how to find a date which is 7 days before this current date. Urgently i need help. Thanks in Advance Regards Arunava (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunava_maity
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specify a previous date as start date in shell script

Hi, I am trying to modify a script which accepts date in format dd/mm/yy. I am trying to modify the script so that it retrieves the date that was 15 days earlier from today as start date. Eg.if today is 05/09/2006, the script should retrieve 21/08/2006 as start date. Is there any script/code to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritzwan0
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KSH Checking Previous Date**

How would I go about getting the previous date on the server? I'm out of ideas...I am thinking that I could do it using the date command, but I am unable to find any information on doing it. For example if the current date is April 17th 2008 it would be (20080417) <- (YYYYMMDD). I need the previous... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: developncode
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh scripting ... get previous date

hi all, i am developing a korn shell script. One of the requirement is to generate the date, which is 7 days before the current date, and create a folder with that date. So for ex: if the time command returns 13 Feb 2009, I should be able to generate 6 Feb 2009, and assign that to a variable. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: allah_waris45
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

date command - getting previous month

Hi, On any given day, I want to capture the month that has gone by - said otherwise, how do I capture last month? expr date '+%m' - 1 Above expression is giving error. Please advise thanks ---------- Post updated at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:11 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with getting last date of previous month and first date of previous 4th month from current date

I have requirment to get last date of previous month and the first date of previous 4th month: Example: Current date: 20130320 (yyyymmdd) Last date of previous month: 20130228 (yyyymmdd) First date of previous 4th month: 20121101 (yyyymmdd) In my shell --date, -d, -v switches are not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Using date command, getting previous day

Legends, i need to get previous day using date command. Can you please help. sdosanjh:/home> date +%m%d%y 011514 i tried -d '-1 day' but it is not working (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date - incorrect results for previous date

Hello: I am bit puzzled with what I could be doing wrong and any help is appreciated. I have a date in YYYMMDD format and I need to find the previous date. Based on the input on this forum, I have come up with the following. It seems to work for all except the following. Here I am passing date... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wincrazy
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to fetch previous month first date and last date

I am not able to fetch first date and last date previous month date -d -1month +%Y-%m-%d date -d -1month +%Y-%m-%d I need two format dd-mm-yyy previous month 01-03-2016 previous month 31-03-2016 and also only date 1 to 31 Aprriciate your replay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagu
4 Replies
CGI::Untaint::date(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   CGI::Untaint::date(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Untaint::date - validate a date SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Untaint; my $handler = CGI::Untaint->new($q->Vars); my $date = $handler->extract(-as_date => 'date'); DESCRIPTION
is_valid This Input Handler verifies that it is dealing with a reasonable date. Reasonably means anything that Date::Manip thinks is sensible, so you could use any of (for example): "December 12, 2001" "12th December, 2001" "2001-12-12" "next Tuesday" "third Wednesday in March" See Date::Manip for much more information on what date formats are acceptable. The resulting date will be a Date::Simple object. Date::Simple for more information on this. date_format By default ambiguous dates of the format 08/09/2001 will be treated as UK style (i.e. 8th September rather than 9th August) If you want to change this, subclass it and override date_format() WARNING
Date::Manip does not play nicely with taint mode. In order to work around this we locally clobber Date::Manip's 'timezone' code. As we're only interested in dates rather than times, this shouldn't be much of an issue. If it is, then please let me know! SEE ALSO
Date::Simple. Date::Manip. AUTHOR
Tony Bowden BUGS and QUERIES Please direct all correspondence regarding this module to: bug-CGI-Untaint-date@rt.cpan.org COPYRIGHT and LICENSE Copyright (C) 2001-2005 Tony Bowden. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2008-05-12 CGI::Untaint::date(3pm)