Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Script for automatic deletion of old folder Post 302232099 by summerpeh on Wednesday 3rd of September 2008 10:53:22 PM
Old 09-03-2008
Hi

Thank you very much... it works^^

Summer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for automatic deletion of old files

Hi, I have a folder with limited space. I do not have provisions to increase the space for this folder. So i have to delete files which are more than 1 month old automatically. But, i need to maintain the files created by 4 users and delete all the other files automatically which is more than 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_scv
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Script for automatic deletion of trash file of mail server

Hi, I have a mail server with limited space and operating system is sun solaris 8 (sparc). I do not have provisions to increase the space for home directory. So i have to delete files from /home/username/mail/trash which are more than 10 days old automatically. So my script should be like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crown2100bd
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Hidden files and protecting the folder containing hidden files from deletion

Hi. I have a script which is deleting files with a particular extension and older than 45 days.The code is: find <path> -name "<filename_pattern>" -mtime +45 -exec rm {} \; But the problem is that some important files are also getting deleted.To prevent this I have decide to make a dummy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pochaw
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script for deletion using wildcards

find ./ -name t\* | sed "s@^./@@" > .filestobedeleted j=$(wc -l < .filestobedeleted) typeset -i cnt=0 typeset -i i=0 while read line do myarray=$line ((cnt = cnt + 1)) done < .filestobedeleted while (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aishu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for Finding files in a folder and copying to another folder

Hi all, I have a folder '/samplefolder' in which i have some files like data0.txt, data1.txt and data2.txt. I have to search the folder for existence of the file data0.txt first and if found have to copy it to some other file; next i have to search the folder for existence of file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish2712
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique Directory and Folder Deletion Script

Ok, so I just got charged with the task of deleting some 300 user folders in a FTP server to free up some space. I managed to grep and cut the list of user folders to delete into a list of one user folder per line. Example: bob00 jane01 sue03 In the home folder, there are folders a-z, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b4sher
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file and directory deletion script

I saw many post about this but could not find a specific answer to this question. i have the following code find . -depth -name "$FILEEXT" -ctime -30 -exec rm {} \; when i type ./deletefiles.sh *.txt for example, it will find all the txt files less than 30 days old and delete them. my... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2learn09
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deletion and recreation within a script

All printers are created on the PROD server and my script must pick up the differences in a diffs.txt file delete the printer if exist on the DEV server recreate it as it currently stands on the PROD server from the diffs.txt The following script I have, should allow me in synching the local... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggoliath
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Forceful deletion of folder not working

Hello, I am trying to delete a folder forcefully using the command: rm -rf <dir name> but its still asking for confirmation. Please help me out with a solution. scenario: bash-3.00$ chmod 777 gcc-3.4.2 bash-3.00$ bash-3.00$ bash-3.00$ bash-3.00$ rm -rf gcc-3.4.2/ rm: examine files in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishisnow
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies