Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cleanup script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cleanup script Post 302231963 by tipi on Wednesday 3rd of September 2008 01:52:01 PM
Old 09-03-2008
Cleanup script

Hi!

I would like to write a script which remove some files, all beginning with the same prefix :

prefix.1
doc/prefix.2
../prefix.3

etc.

So, I would create a file and chmod it executable. But I dont know how to pass a variable to a script. I would like to write something like

./cleanup_script prefix

so that the script is excuted knowing the value of prefix.

Thanks for your help,

Tp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Login ID cleanup

Hello I have many old IDs on my AIX and would like to know the simplest way of knowing the last time an ID was used. I am familiar with the "last" command. Thanks for any info :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MILLERJ62
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cleanup

I am trying to add a unique string to a variable to prevent some name space collisions. DATAFILE=/u001/app/unica/affinium644/campaign/partitions/limited/tmp/ebf9aaah.t~# DATETIME=`date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S` echo $DATAFILE > tmpnme.txt sed 's_/_ _g' tmpnme.txt > tmpnme2.txt DATA=$(cat tmpnme2.txt)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whdr02
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/ksh script to cleanup /etc/group file

Many of my servers' /etc/group file have many userid's that does not exist in /etc/passwd file and they need to be deleted. This happened due to manual manipulation of /etc/passwd files. I need to do this for 40 servers. Can anyone help me in achieving this? Even reducing a step or two will be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Cleanup Script

Hi Guys, I've got an system setup to act as an sftp server. I have a script that allows me to create chroot users running a custom shell within their home directory, it also creates a subdirectory that they can write into. I'm trying to write a script (that I can cron at a later date) that checks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King_Brucie
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestions/cleanup Bash script

Hello, beginner bash scripter here.. I was able to write a script and it works just fine. I'm just wondering if someone could chime in or any suggestions to make it cleaner or tighter so to speak. I have a disk to disk backup solution which uses 250GB disks. When one gets full I just po in a new... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail cleanup from ksh script, keeping 50 most recent msgs

I found some posts describing how to completely clean out a mailbox in Unix/Linux. But I want to keep the 50 most recent messages. Any ideas out there? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: OPTIMUS_prime
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Table Cleanup Script

I needed some help with a script to fetch and delete all records prior to 3 days from now connecting to sybase from sunos. I wrote the following script but not working..can someone please guide me with my code. Thanks #!/bin/ksh ##GET PREVIOUS DAY DATE dt=`date | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe458
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

pid.cleanup script.

Hi guys! I have a directory in the production environment from which i have to delete files older then 40 minutes with .pid extention. I wrote a script below for the purpose. #!/bin/bash # # Script to delete specific file older than N minutes. # OLDERTHAN="40" #40 minutes ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajid.shah
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestion with script to cleanup

I need help with sed and awk scripts to search for Symmetrix ID=000090009902 and then grep its child disk devices associated to the dead paths and display them only, so that those dead devices can be removed. test01:/#powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=hdiskpower0 Symmetrix ID=000090009902... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script for cleanup

Hello, I need some help from unix guru's here..I am looking for some advanced level script to cleanup the directories and files from specific directories under a file system.. The folders are created under /opt/modules And under modules, there are multiple subfolders with the application... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mb525
6 Replies
ncursesw5-config(1)					      General Commands Manual					       ncursesw5-config(1)

NAME
ncursesw5-config - helper script for ncurses libraries SYNOPSIS
ncursesw5-config [options] DESCRIPTION
This is a shell script which simplifies configuring applications against a particular set of ncurses libraries. OPTIONS
--prefix echos the package-prefix of ncurses --exec-prefix echos the executable-prefix of ncurses --cflags echos the C compiler flags needed to compile with ncurses --libs echos the libraries needed to link with ncurses --version echos the release+patchdate version of ncurses --abi-version echos the ABI version of ncurses --mouse-version echos the mouse-interface version of ncurses --bindir echos the directory containing ncurses programs --datadir echos the directory containing ncurses data --includedir echos the directory containing ncurses header files --libdir echos the directory containing ncurses libraries --mandir echos the directory containing ncurses manpages --terminfo echos the $TERMINFO terminfo database path, e.g., /usr/share/terminfo --terminfo-dirs echos the $TERMINFO_DIRS directory list, e.g., /etc/terminfo:/lib/terminfo:/usr/share/terminfo --termpath echos the $TERMPATH termcap list, if support for termcap is configured. --help prints this message SEE ALSO
curses(3X) This describes ncurses version 5.9 (patch 20110404). ncursesw5-config(1)