Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: permanently change KDE DPI
Operating Systems Linux Slackware permanently change KDE DPI Post 302231872 by raidzero on Wednesday 3rd of September 2008 10:27:01 AM
Old 09-03-2008
The key was in the second [X-*-Core] section of kdmrc. I added -dpi 75 to the XserverArgsLocal part of that section and now everything works at the correct DPI.

Last edited by raidzero; 09-03-2008 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: Solved

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Turning off MMDF permanently

This is definitely a post from a "UNIX Newbie" - we have a SCO Unix machine that houses our customer database. I have been getting reports that the system starts lagging intermittently, and have managed to determine that the cause of the slowdown is a process called MMDF. I can manually kill... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: QmanV2
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change IP permanently without Yast?

Folks; i have a SUSE 10 box and i need to change the IP/GW & Netmask on it but without Yast tool. Which files/services needed to be edited or restarted to make it happen? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace permanently

i have a few scripts in which i need to find string"ali1@abcd.com" and replace it with "ali@abcd.com" i used 2 below commands but none of them is permanently replacing the old string in the script s.sh perl -pi -e 's/ali1@abcd.com/ali@abcd.com/g' s.sh sed 's/ali1@abcd.com/ali@abcd.com/g'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gmail revert to old look permanently

I thought I would share gmail revert to old look permanently. I am sure I am not the only one annoyed by the new look. Install Stylish extension Choose the Stylish UserStyle that you want. I know The Return of Old Gmail and gmail-b2b both work but I prefer gmail-b2b since I think it looks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Change service name permanently

Hi, Since everything is doable in Linux so far, what is the ability of changing a spicifc service name permanently. e.g. I want to change the network service name to connection, so I can use chkconfig command as follow: chkconfig connection off --level 5 # for disabling network service in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Changing dpi screen resolution in Solaris 10.

Hi, everyone! I would like to try OpenStep for Solaris on my Sun Ultra 10 machine, so I installed all required packages, the problem is that OpenStep requires screen DPI to be set to 72x72 while my current dpi is 90x90. So how do I change the dpi? Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nongrato
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set DPI as 90x90 for XVFB Display?

when i am connecting to AIX machine from Windows XP through Xmanager am getting dots per inch problem and here we are connecting to AIX machine using X Server virtual frame buffer . Please set 90x90 dots per inch to X Server virtual frame buffer. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
10 Replies
KDE4-CONFIG(1)							 KDE User's Manual						    KDE4-CONFIG(1)

NAME
kde4-config - Prints KDE installation paths SYNOPSIS
kde4-config [--expandvars] [--prefix] [--exec-prefix] [--libsuffix] [--localprefix] [--version] [--types] [--path type] [--userpath type] [--install type] DESCRIPTION
kde4-config is a command line program used to retrieve information about KDE installation or user paths. Use this program to determine where the various aspects of the KDE installation reside on your system. OPTIONS
--expandvars expand ${prefix} and ${exec_prefix} in output --prefix Compiled in prefix for KDE libraries --exec-prefix Compiled in exec_prefix for KDE libraries --libsuffix Compiled in library path suffix --localprefix Prefix in $HOME used to write files --version Compiled in version string for KDE libraries --types Print a list of all available KDE resource types --path type Search path for the specified type --userpath type User paths for the types: desktop|autostart|trash|document --install type Prefix to install resource files to EXAMPLES
Print the top-level KDE installation directory: % kde4-config --prefix Print a list of all resource types: % kde4-config --types Print the installed wallpaper path: % kde4-config --path wallpaper SEE ALSO
kdeoptions(7) BUGS
None known. AUTHOR
Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org>. K Desktop Environment 2007-09-28 KDE4-CONFIG(1)