Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: permanently change KDE DPI
Operating Systems Linux Slackware permanently change KDE DPI Post 302231872 by raidzero on Wednesday 3rd of September 2008 10:27:01 AM
Old 09-03-2008
The key was in the second [X-*-Core] section of kdmrc. I added -dpi 75 to the XserverArgsLocal part of that section and now everything works at the correct DPI.

Last edited by raidzero; 09-03-2008 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: Solved

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Turning off MMDF permanently

This is definitely a post from a "UNIX Newbie" - we have a SCO Unix machine that houses our customer database. I have been getting reports that the system starts lagging intermittently, and have managed to determine that the cause of the slowdown is a process called MMDF. I can manually kill... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: QmanV2
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change IP permanently without Yast?

Folks; i have a SUSE 10 box and i need to change the IP/GW & Netmask on it but without Yast tool. Which files/services needed to be edited or restarted to make it happen? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace permanently

i have a few scripts in which i need to find string"ali1@abcd.com" and replace it with "ali@abcd.com" i used 2 below commands but none of them is permanently replacing the old string in the script s.sh perl -pi -e 's/ali1@abcd.com/ali@abcd.com/g' s.sh sed 's/ali1@abcd.com/ali@abcd.com/g'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gmail revert to old look permanently

I thought I would share gmail revert to old look permanently. I am sure I am not the only one annoyed by the new look. Install Stylish extension Choose the Stylish UserStyle that you want. I know The Return of Old Gmail and gmail-b2b both work but I prefer gmail-b2b since I think it looks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Change service name permanently

Hi, Since everything is doable in Linux so far, what is the ability of changing a spicifc service name permanently. e.g. I want to change the network service name to connection, so I can use chkconfig command as follow: chkconfig connection off --level 5 # for disabling network service in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Changing dpi screen resolution in Solaris 10.

Hi, everyone! I would like to try OpenStep for Solaris on my Sun Ultra 10 machine, so I installed all required packages, the problem is that OpenStep requires screen DPI to be set to 72x72 while my current dpi is 90x90. So how do I change the dpi? Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nongrato
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set DPI as 90x90 for XVFB Display?

when i am connecting to AIX machine from Windows XP through Xmanager am getting dots per inch problem and here we are connecting to AIX machine using X Server virtual frame buffer . Please set 90x90 dots per inch to X Server virtual frame buffer. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
10 Replies
NEPOMUKSERVICESTU(8)						 KDE User's Manual					      NEPOMUKSERVICESTU(8)

NAME
nepomukservicestub - KDE wrapper around Nepomuk service plugins. SYNOPSIS
nepomukservicestub [--help] [Generic options] [Qt(TM)-options] [KDE-options] {servicename} DESCRIPTION
nepomukservicestub runs a Nepomuk service plugin in its own process. It is used by nepomukserver to run all configured Nepomuk services. GENERIC OPTIONS
--author Show author information. --help Show help about options. --help-all Show all options. --help-kde Show KDE specific options. --help-qt Show Qt(TM) specific options. --license Show license information. -v --version Show version information APPLICATION OPTIONS
servicename The name of the service plugin to run SEE ALSO
nepomukserver(8) BUGS
There are probably tons of bugs. Use bugs.kde.org[1] to report them. AUTHOR
Sebastian Trueg <trueg@kde.org> Author. NOTES
1. bugs.kde.org http://bugs.kde.org 0.01.01 2009-04-28 NEPOMUKSERVICESTU(8)