Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mount full
Operating Systems Solaris mount full Post 302231866 by incredible on Wednesday 3rd of September 2008 10:16:24 AM
Old 09-03-2008
Use can use this in your script:
-- remove core files
find / -name core -exec rm -f {} \; -o -fstype nfs -prune

OR
find / -name '*.tar' | xargs rm Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount -o llock -F nfs vs mount -F nfs

Hi, We encountered NFS issue (solaris) especially running on Oracle application. Problem such as forms hang when close button is click, concurrent job shows running status all time. Understand we need to use mount -o llock -F nfs instead of mount -F nfs to eliminate? this problem.. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount -t cifs permission denied by mount -t smbfs works fine

I am having trouble mounting with cifs, but mounting the exact same command with smbfs works fine. The share is on another samba server and is set to full public guest access. # mount -t cifs //servername/sharename /mnt/temp -o password="" mount error 13 = Permission denied Refer to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

/ is full

/ has become full.... So i'm unable to login to the server. What should i do now ?? please help me... Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to mount nas-share using generated credentials (mount EC 13,32)

Heyas At home i have 1 nas with 3 shares, of which i used to mount 2 of them using a script with hardcoded password and username in it. EDIT: Turns out, its not the script, but 'how i access' the nas share.. (-o user=XY,password=... VS. -o credentials=...). Figured about credential files,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

8. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies
BOS_PRUNE(8)						       AFS Command Reference						      BOS_PRUNE(8)

NAME
       bos_prune - Removes obsolete files from /usr/lib/openafs and /var/log/openafs

SYNOPSIS
       bos prune -server <machine name> [-bak] [-old] [-core]
	   [-all] [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth]
	   [-help]

bos p -s <machine name> [-b] [-o] [-co] [-a]
	   [-ce <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The bos prune command removes files from the local disk of the server machine named by the -server argument, as specified by one or more of
       the following flags provided on the command line:

o   The -bak flag removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory that have a ".BAK" extension.

o   The -old flag removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory that have a ".OLD" extension.

o   The -core flag removes all files from the /var/log/openafs directory that have a "core." prefix.

o   The -all flag removes all three types of files at once.

(If none of these flags are included, the command appears to succeed, but removes no files at all.)

To display the timestamp on the current, ".BAK", and ".OLD" versions of one or more files, use the bos getdate command.

OPTIONS
       -server <machine name>
	   Indicates the server machine from which to remove files. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-qualified or
	   abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8).

-bak
	   Removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory that have a ".BAK" extension. Do not combine this flag and the -all flag.

-old
	   Removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory that have a ".OLD" extension. Do not combine this flag and the -all flag.

-core
	   Removes all files from the /var/log/openafs directory that have a "core."  prefix. Do not combine this flag and the -all flag.

-all
	   Combines the effect of the -bak, -old, and -core flags. Do not combine this flag with any of those three.

-cell <cell name>
	   Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8).

-noauth
	   Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see
	   bos(8).

-localauth
	   Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket
	   to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see
	   bos(8).

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

EXAMPLES
       The following example removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory on the machine "fs3.abc.com" that have a ".BAK" or ".OLD"
       extension.

% bos prune -server fs3.abc.com -bak -old

The following example removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory on the machine "db2.abc.com" that have a ".BAK" or ".OLD"
       extension, and all files from the /var/log/openafs directory that have a "core."  prefix.

% bos prune -server db2.abc.com -all

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a
       server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included.

The bos prune command cannot be run against servers which are in restricted mode.

SEE ALSO
       KeyFile(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_getdate(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							      BOS_PRUNE(8)