Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Big Trouble At Work!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Big Trouble At Work! Post 302231672 by ShawnaB on Wednesday 3rd of September 2008 01:41:08 AM
Old 09-03-2008
Big Trouble At Work!

People are misbehaving and doing things on the network they shouldn't be while at work, and it's killing the server. So the boss wants a plan on how to deal with these issues ASAP.

What i need to know is how to use iptables to filter traffic coming to a specific ip... to say "this is allowed to go to this computer... but THIS isnt" Right now i know how to tell it that "this is not allowed at this computer" but i want to be able to say "everyhting but this is allowed to this computer"

Any suggestions?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view a big file(143M big)

1 . Thanks everyone who read the post first. 2 . I have a log file which size is 143M , I can not use vi open it .I can not use xedit open it too. How to view it ? If I want to view 200-300 ,how can I implement it 3 . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. Linux

Strings does not work for big files

I was trying to calculate DBID of oracle database according to the topic Oracle in World: How to Discover find DBID and following number 2) mechanism specified there that is using of strings keyword. My unfortunately my oracle database datafile is so big that I could not use strings keyword for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: synthea
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How big is too big a config.log file?

I have a 5000 line config.log file with several "maybe" errors. Any reccomendations on finding solvable problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble getting aspell to work

Hi: I've tried to get aspell to work to check a latex document I have. I get this error message: Error: No word lists can be found for the language "en_CA". Can anyone offer any suggestions? I'm trying to get a good spell-checker set up for my latex documents. Excalibur does not work all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spindoctor
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

7. IP Networking

Discussion at work, would a router work pluging a cable in wan1 and lan1?

hi all. and sorry for the random question, but this sparkled a raging flame-war at work and i want more points of view situation a router, with linux of some sort, dhcp client requesting for ip in wan1 (as usual with wan ports) dhcp server listening in lan1, and assigning ip (as usual... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having trouble getting my interactive perl script to work properly

So I'm making an interactive perl script, but I can't get it to work properly. I'm trying to make a script that tell the user to input either 'q' or 'Q' to terminate the program, or 'c' to continue it. If they input anything other than those three keys, it should prompt the user again and again... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric1
5 Replies
XtAppAddWorkProc()														XtAppAddWorkProc()

XtAppAddWorkProc - register a procedure to be called when the event loop is idle.

Synopsis
  XtWorkProcId XtAppAddWorkProc(app_context, proc, client_data)
	 XtAppContext app_context;
	 XtWorkProc proc;
	 XtPointer client_data;

Inputs
  app_context
	    Specifies the application context.

proc	    Specifies the procedure that is to be called when the application is idle.

client_data
	    Specifies data to be passed to proc when it is called.

Returns
  A handle of type XtWorkProcId that can be passed to XtRemoveWorkProc() to unregister the work procedure.

Description
  XtAddWorkProc()  registers  the  procedure proc and the data client_data to be called by XtAppNextEvent() or XtAppProcessEvent() when there
  are no pending input events and it would otherwise block.  Multiple work procedures can be registered, and the most recently added  one  is
  always  the  one  that  is called.  However, if a work procedure itself adds another work procedure, the newly added one has lower priority
  than the current one.

A work procedure returns a Boolean.  If it returns True, it will automatically be unregistered and will not be called again.	If it returns
  False it will be called the next time the application is idle.  See XtWorkProc(2) for more information.

Usage
  XtAppAddWorkProc() implements a limited form of background processing.  Most applications spend most of their time waiting for input; to do
  useful work during this idle time, you can register a work procedure that will run when the application is idle.

A work procedure must return quickly or the application will not be able to promptly respond to user events.	If a large task needs  to  be
  done	in  the background, the work procedure should periodically save its state and return False.  Work procedures should not be used to do
  frivolous work in the background.  In a multi-tasking system, an idle application should generally actually be idle, and not steal CPU time
  from other processes.

A work procedure can be explicitly removed by calling XtRemoveWorkProc() with the XtWorkProcId returned by this function.

Structures
  The XtWorkProcId type is defined as follows:

typedef unsigned long XtWorkProcId;

See Also
  XtAppNextEvent(1), XtAppProcessEvent(1), XtRemoveWorkProc(1),
  XtWorkProc(2).

Xt - Event Handling														XtAppAddWorkProc()