Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Forms
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Forms Post 302231486 by NightWatchman on Tuesday 2nd of September 2008 11:48:26 AM
Old 09-02-2008
Unix Forms

Hi

Im new so be gentle

Just starting out in programing and i want to try unix to see what all the fuss is about.
But right now im like a kid in a sweet shop, spoilt for choice.

Theres red hat, fedora, linux, ubuntu and thats just for starters

I've been told ubuntu is a nice environment to program in but that was from someone who has been programing for a while.

Just let me know what you think of what you use.

Thanks
&
Happy Hacking

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

int.lst forms

I am working on a re-engineering project. Original Code is written in C. In the C code some "forms" are being called. Each form is in a separate file and files are tagged "int" or "int.lst" like f00.int, f00.int.lst Can some body through some light on what are these files and what is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cxredd4
2 Replies

2. Solaris

compiling Oracle Forms in UNIX-solaris

I am using the command: f60gen to complie a form and it says it does not work Pls help, as I am trying to compile a few .fmb files to fmx... Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etravels
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forms

Hi, I currently have a form containing three boxes of info to be filled in. I would like it so if the user presses F10 a list of company names is displayed, using the company names from a table I have. I would like this list to be in a popup window if it is possible. I am using Informix, sco-unix.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dan Rooney
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lp printing - forms design

This may seem a basic question however I'm using lp printing for the first time, is it possible to call a pre-defined form or template (the froms could for example contain Company details & logos) dependant on the type of file being sent to the print queue (e.g by using triggers) ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI forms

Hello All, I am calling a script 'abc.pl' in my action section while creating a form. This will automatically pass parameters that are collected in the form. But I want to pass other parameters which are actually just variables in the script I am calling 'abc.pl' from. How do I make sure these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Browse for files through oracle forms placed in unix server

I use a forms application where I develop the forms(Oracle 6i) in windows server and compile(Oracle 9i) the same in Unix server. The whole forms application executables are placed in Unix. My requirement is to upload data from excel sheet to oracle tables using Oracle forms. I have developed the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malinideepa
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabbing web forms with Perl

Hello Everyone, I've googled everywhere for this with no luck and my brain hurts. I'm trying to write a program to take my webpages and search for forms. I've used LWP::Simple to store a website in $content I need to cut the form out of $content. I don't know how to do this seeing as how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibbs
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Dialog forms

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I need to create dialog interface for adress book i created a while ago but i don't know how to read info from forms 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: #!/bin/bash knyga="adresu-knyga.txt" dialog... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasisken
0 Replies
PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)					      General Commands Manual						 PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)

NAME
pull-lp-source - download a source package from Launchpad SYNOPSIS
pull-lp-source [options] source package [release|version] DESCRIPTION
pull-lp-source downloads and extracts the specified version of <source package> from Launchpad, or the latest version of the specified release. To request a version from a particular pocket say release-pocket (with a magic -release for only the release pocket). If no ver- sion or release is specified, the latest version in the development release will be downloaded. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for pull-lp-source: source package This is the source package that you would like to be downloaded from Launchpad. version This is the version of the source package to be downloaded. release This is the release that you would like the source package to be downloaded from. This value defaults to the current development release. -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -d, --download-only Do not extract the source package. -m UBUNTU_MIRROR, --mirror=UBUNTU_MIRROR Use the specified Ubuntu mirror. Should be in the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu. If the package isn't found on this mir- ror, pull-lp-source will fall back to Launchpad, as its name implies. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. ENVIRONMENT
All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. DIST Specifies the default target. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. PULL_LP_SOURCE_UBUNTU_MIRROR, UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_MIRROR The default value for --mirror. SEE ALSO
dget(1), pull-debian-source(1), pull-debian-debdiff(1), ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHOR
pull-lp-source and this manual page were written by Iain Lane <iain@orangesquash.org.uk>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. ubuntu-dev-tools 4 August 2008 PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)