Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Memory usage of a process
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Memory usage of a process Post 302231408 by vidyadhar85 on Tuesday 2nd of September 2008 09:00:32 AM
Old 09-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tafil
thanks for your answer
this is a good idea to use temporary files
but how does the script know if there is something written on the temp file
test -s tests for both file existence and its size should be more than zero..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to restrict memory usage by a process

we are running red hat ES4 and i would like to know if there is anyway of restrcting the maximum amount of memory that a process can get? I have a single preocess that is taking >13GB. Thanks, Frank (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
4 Replies

2. Solaris

RAM Physical Memory usage by each Process.

Hi All, I am trying to find the physical memory usage by each process/users. Can you please let me know how to get the memory usage?. Thanks, bsraj. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsrajirs
12 Replies

3. HP-UX

how could I get a process Memory Usage

I use pstat API to get Process Infomation I would like to get a process 1.process owner 2.how many physical memory and virtual memory and total memory used(KB) and usage(%) 3.a process excution file create time 4.a process excution file access time I do't know which attribute it i need ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to trace cpu/memory usage for a process

I don't know when the process will start and end, I need write a script to trace it's cpu/memory usage when it is runing. How to write this script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

5. Programming

Memory usage of a process having shared libraries

Hi, I have the following two processes that's built with static libraries. Both the process have many common libraries. -rwxr-xr-x 1 xxx xxx 152946280 Oct 15 08:38 server1 -rwxr-xr-x 1 xxx xxx 41633880 Oct 15 08:39 server2. I built these two server processes making all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivatsan_vn
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Memory usage of a process having shared libraries

Hi, I have the following two processes that's built with static libraries. Both the process have many common libraries. -rwxr-xr-x 1 xxx xxx 152946280 Oct 15 08:38 server1 -rwxr-xr-x 1 xxx xxx 41633880 Oct 15 08:39 server2. I built these two server processes making all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivatsan_vn
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

collecting memory usage by a process

Hi Guys, I work on a AIX environment and I'm trying to write a script where I can collect all the memory used by a process. Basically I'm executing the command 'ps -fu userid' to get all the process ids and then executing the 'ps v PID' to get all the memory allocated by PPID. My question is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Virtual Memory Usage a Process

Hi all, Is there any command which shows the virtual memory usage of a particular process in HP-UX machine. I have tried with ps, top but could not get what I want. Kindly provide me a solution. Thanks in Advance ARD (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ard
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Process memory usage

hi all gurus: I want to find out Solaris process memory usage, but got a bit confused, see if any one can provide me some guidance. i tend to use prstat -a to get total memory consumption by user (I know prstat likely have a bug that simply sum up the memory, regardless if the memory being... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oakville
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Find memory usage for a process

I have multiple oracle databases on one server. All the database are running from the same user i.e. oraent. The process for each database can be distinguished by the ps -ef command Eg : ps -ef | grep oraentThe Output : oraent 5361 1 0 20:58:05 ? 0:00 oracledb1... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashreads
11 Replies
page_util_quote(3tcl)					      Parser generator tools					     page_util_quote(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(3tcl)