Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Script Syntax to Extract Everything After Special Character Post 302231384 by edrichard on Tuesday 2nd of September 2008 07:40:30 AM
Old 09-02-2008
Thanks Annihilannic, this worked perfectly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to extract a string delimited by any special character

I have a string as follows IS*blahblah TED~blahblah etc. I want to list down only IS and TED Can someone help me? (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumariak
24 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special Character Check in Shell script

Hi, I'm currently working on a project that requires parsing xml file. One of the field in the xml is shown below (don't remember exactly): <variable="ITEM">12345678</variable> I coded my script keeping in mind that the value denoted in bold will always be a number. After getting just the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mradul_kaushik
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl split funciton - special character "/"

HI, I have a directory structure. /abc/def/ghi/ I want to store it into array. So that if I do a pop function on that array I can easily go to previous directory. But how can i split and store it. @Directory = split(/\//,$DirectoryVarialbe) That doest works. Any other escape sequence... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Syntax error in version 4

Hi , I use the following simple perl script to find the yesterday time perl -e ' use POSIX(strftime); print POSIX::strftime("%a %b %e %H:%M:%S %Y", localtime(time-86400*$ARGV))' 1 However in the perl version 4 , it gives me the following error : Do the perl version 4 does not support... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: youareapkman
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Escaping special character stored in variables : perl

Hi just for regular use i m working on small module written in perl for getting date in specified format like i have to specify date format and then seperator to seperate date i am 95% done. now i m sure explanation i gave is not good enough so i am putting output here : C:\Documents and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Perl split special character $

All I'm trying to split a string at the $ into arrays @data:=<dataFile> a $3.33 b $4.44 dfg $0.56 The split command I have been playing with is: split(/\$/, @data) which results with a .33 b .44 dfg .56 any help with this is appreciated /r Rick (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: schultz2146
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use arrow touch in a script shell without special character

Hello, I have a problem when i execute the script underneath. If i tape azerty 123 and i use the arrow touch, in the file /tmp/test i have the caracter #!/usr/bin/ksh clear echo "Taper l adresse IP de la partition a creer :" tput cup 1 48 read Adress echo $Adress echo "${Adress}" >>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalidou13
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl split string separated by special character

Hello I have string (string can have more sections) LINE="AA;BB;CC;DD;EE"I would like to assigne each part of string separated by ";" to some new variable. Can someone help? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger email from script if the Special Character replacement is successfull

Hello Gurus, I have a script developed... #!/bin/bash #--------------------------------------------------------------------- # This pScript will remove/replace the special characters fromfiles #--------------------------------------------------------------------- trxdate="`date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nanduedi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script question in special character

when I execute the unix commands its works normally in the 1st part. When I the tried the same in shell scripting the directory is not displayed in 2nd part example. please let me know what needs to be done. Unix : client=~zsvdbs echo $client /shome/zsvhome/zsvdbs Using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keerthi2016
3 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2009-11-24 Test::Script(3)