Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Matching multiples of a single character using sed and awk Post 302231343 by era on Tuesday 2nd of September 2008 06:51:29 AM
Old 09-02-2008
Code:
egrep '^[a-z][0-9]{6}$' imei_01.txt

Watch the anchors!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single character wildcard for SED

Could someone tell me the single character wildcard for SED? I have the file below: $ more input2 AAA /A/B/C BBB /D/E/F CCC /G/H/I DDD I want to remove all strings which contain forward slashs "/" to get the below: AAA BBB CCC I tried to do it in SED by the command below but I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: replace single positional character given variables

I already have accomplished this task using sed and arrays, but since I get the variable using awk, I figured I'd ask this question and maybe I can get a cleaner solution using strictly awk.. I just can't quite grasp it in awk. Story: I'm automating the (re)configuration of network interfaces,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Shock
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you print a single quote character in AWK

How do you print out a single quote character in AWK? Using the escape character does not seem to work. {printf "%1$s %2$s%3$s%2$s\n" , "INCLUDE", " \' ", "THIS" } does not work. Any suggestions? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cold_Que
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Matching pattern script (sed or awk?)

Hi Guys, I am new to the forum and to scripting so bear with me. Thanks, Gary. I have 3 files - file1, file2, file3 I am trying to come up with a script that will check the output of these files and if the 1st nine fields are matched in all 3 files, echo "The following string had been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazza-o
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiples commands between pipes and a single process

Hi I have this script: #!/bin/ksh cmd1 | cmd 2 |cmd 3| cmd4 which it creates 4 process.... Is possible to create a single process PID1 which include all commands? Thanks Israel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - setting fs to equal any single character

Hi Does anyone know how to set any character as the field separator with awk/nawk on a solaris 10 box. I have tried using /./ regex but this doesnt work either and im out of ideas. thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chronics
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk delete character in the lines before and after the matching line

Sample file: This is line one, this is another line, this is the PRIMARY INDEX line l ; This is another line The command should find the line with “PRIMARY INDEX” and remove the last character from the line preceding it (in this case , comma) and remove the first character from the line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KC_Rules
5 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to squeeze multiple pipe character '|' into single '|' using sed?

Hi, I am trying to convert multiple Unix pipe symbol or bar into single |. I have tried with the following sed statements, but, no success :(. I need it using sed only echo "sed 's/\|\+/\|/g' sed 's/*/\|/' sed 's/\|*/|/' sed -r 's/\|+/\|/' However, the below awk code is working fine.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - filter blocks between single delimiters matching a pattern

Hi! I have a file with the following format:CDR ... MSISDN=111 ... CDR ... MSISDN=xxx ... CDR ... MSISDN=xxx ... CDR ... MSISDN=111 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flavius
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace single character w/awk given conditions

I have a file that looks like this: 14985 DPN verb PPa to spend. 12886 DPNDJN bay tree. 15686 DQ verb to observe 15656 KC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)