Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Download Oracle on Linux RHEL5 ?? Post 302231237 by vikas027 on Tuesday 2nd of September 2008 01:36:40 AM
Old 09-02-2008
Question Download Oracle on Linux RHEL5 ??

Hi all,

I need to install Oracle on Linux. Presently, I am dumb about Oracle. I am just aware of basic sql queries.

I want to learn Oracle Administration. I am using RHEL 5.

I have few questions :--

1) Which Oracle version should I install and
and from where ?

2) Is there any difference in working of Oracle in Linux or Solaris.
If yes, which one should be better to learn focusing job prospects.

3) What is the difference between Oracle DBA and Oracle Application DBA ?

4) Which certification / course would be beneficial to go hand-in-hand with System Administration and Shell Scripts.

Pls HELP !!!

Thanks in adv.
VIKAS

Last edited by vikas027; 09-02-2008 at 03:45 AM.. Reason: I am sorry, had to make some more changes.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

LINUX Download

I would like to download a basic copy of LINUX to my PC as a sandbox in which I can run basic commands and functions as a learning tool. I have an older PC - Pentium III Processor at 1GHz, 128MB RAM at 133 MHz, Windows ME operating system. Is there a version of LINUX that would be compatible with... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ednan171
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Download

Can you download Linux and install it on a machine using Windows 95? I'd like to learn it with my old laptop. Any ideas? nov_user :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nov_user
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux free download

Hello, I am not sure where to post this questions... I have Windows XP in my home computer. I need to install Linux on my home computer for learning purpose. Can one please recommend any free download link to download free linux... Any help is appreciated... Thank you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: govindts
1 Replies

4. Linux

Can not play sound in Linux RHEL5.

Hi All, Recently I installed Linux RHEL5 on my machine. It seems that I can not play sound on RHEL5. I have real player installed along with RHEL5 but, when I try to play any song, the error message comes up saying "Can not open the audio device.Another application may be using it." Does any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gydave
2 Replies
MAKE-SQLDEVELOPER-PACKAGE(1)			    Oracle SQL Developer Debian package builder 		      MAKE-SQLDEVELOPER-PACKAGE(1)

NAME
make-sqldeveloper-package - Oracle SQL Developer Debian package builder SYNOPSIS
make-sqldeveloper-package [options] <file> DESCRIPTION
make-sqldeveloper-package is a utility that builds a Debian package for Oracle SQL Developer. The Oracle SQL Developer program is governed by the copyright holder (Oracle USA, Inc.), so you may be limited as to what you can do with the resulting package (i.e. no redistribution, etc). This utility will simply help you create the Debian package, it is your responsibility to use the resulting package acordingly with the OTN license, a copy of which is included in the created package, that you must agree on when downloading the source. This utility will require you to download the "Oracle SQL Developer for other platforms" archive from <http://www.oracle.com/technet- work/developer-tools/sql-developer/> to create the Debian package from. OPTIONS
-b|--build-dir <dir> base directory to build package (autogenerated) -e|--email <email> local maintainer email (use DEBEMAIL or auto-generate) -i|--install install the generated package - needs root privilege (no) -k|--keep-dir keep the build directory (no) -l|--revision <number> local revision to append to package version (1) -m|--maintainer <name> local maintainer name (use DEBFULLNAME or leave empty) -r|--root-command <command> command to gain root privilege for package build (fakeroot) -u|--upstream-version <version> force the upstream version (autodetected) -h|--help display the help screen -v|--version show the program version <file> the "Oracle SQL Developer for other platforms" archive from <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/sql-developer/> AUTHOR
make-sqldeveloper-package was written by Lazarus Long <lazarus.long@bigfoot.com>. This manual page was written by Lazarus Long <lazarus.long@bigfoot.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). GNU
2012-11-13 MAKE-SQLDEVELOPER-PACKAGE(1)