Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP - shell script question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP - shell script question Post 302231217 by cfajohnson on Tuesday 2nd of September 2008 12:42:10 AM
Old 09-02-2008
The ftp command is designed for interactive use.

For scripts, use the ncftp group of commands, or, if possible, use scp.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not the usual ftp script question

I have an order file that gets updated periodically on a ftp server. The file format is "number one-day of the quarter-file number". For example, the format would look like this for today and would increment as such. 1-26-1 1-26-2 1-26-3 etc After I grab each oder file, I will rename... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using ftp in a shell script.

I am trying to ftp some files from a certain directory, but i got an invalid command. does anybody know why i got this error? ftp -v -i -n <<SCRIPT open servername user username password cd /server/logs for file in MCWAS* do put ${file} /home/test/${file} done bye SCRIPT (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caesarkim
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script for ftp

Hi ,, I am wrting a shell script to ftp a file from remote server but its giving some problem to me.can you help me in debugging this. #!/usr/bin/ksh HOST="some ip" user="user_name" passwd="password" ftp -n $HOST >>END_SCRIPT USER $user $passwd binary prompt get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp with shell script

Can I ftp to put file with shell script(as bath file) ? Plz give the simple code to do that. My script look like that #!/bin/sh echo "Start ftp" ftp temphost <<EOF put file quit EOF # end This code ignore username & password but I need to input. How to input username &... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aungomarin
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP in shell script

HI ALL i am writing a shell script in which i have to use FTP command like. FTP <ip address> cd xyz mget* bye but i am not able to perform any command from shell script. once the control goes to FTP, i again have to type all the things. i just want my shell script to take care of the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using shell script

Hi All, I want to make a ftp call using a separate file where the ftp commands will reside. Please find below the details: I have 2 files Sample1.sh and Properties Properties --------- <username> <password> .... other ftp commands Sample1.sh ---------- ftp -v <servername> <... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pickpeters
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use ftp is a shell script

Hi, What i would like to do is to use a shell script connect to a remote computer and download files from a specific directory. I wrote the following script. #!/bin/sh HOST='IP' USER='yourid' PASSWD='yourpw' FILE='*.txt' REMOTEPATH=/incoming/MSC/ ftp $HOST <<END_SCRIPT user $USER... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP shell script

Hi I am new in UNIX field. I don't know if I am posting in right forum or not. And I have also found out that there are so many posts about ftp shell scripting. I have tried those but actually having some problem. Well, my script should do the following..... It finds files( the filename ended... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek_510
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP within a SHELL script

I am running the following on linux (on a mac): filename="/Users/thisfilename.txt" hostname="ftp.mysite.com" username="myusername" password="mypassword" echo '=======FTP========' ftp -un $hostname <<EOF quote USER $username quote PASS $password binary put $filename quit EOF I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: globalnerds
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

repeating ftp script question

so i got this request to do this: - Script should check for the file ever 15 minutes on the FTP server…if the file is not found, then the whole script exits. File will only be created one a week at random. i have gotten this far, but am kind of stuck, also sleep command doesnt work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapatur23
3 Replies
CGI::Pretty(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  CGI::Pretty(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Pretty - module to produce nicely formatted HTML code SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Pretty qw( :html3 ); # Print a table with a single data element print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Pretty is a module that derives from CGI. It's sole function is to allow users of CGI to output nicely formatted HTML code. When using the CGI module, the following code: print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); produces the following output: <TABLE><TR><TD>foo</TD></TR></TABLE> If a user were to create a table consisting of many rows and many columns, the resultant HTML code would be quite difficult to read since it has no carriage returns or indentation. CGI::Pretty fixes this problem. What it does is add a carriage return and indentation to the HTML code so that one can easily read it. print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); now produces the following output: <TABLE> <TR> <TD> foo </TD> </TR> </TABLE> Tags that won't be formatted The <A> and <PRE> tags are not formatted. If these tags were formatted, the user would see the extra indentation on the web browser caus- ing the page to look different than what would be expected. If you wish to add more tags to the list of tags that are not to be touched, push them onto the @AS_IS array: push @CGI::Pretty::AS_IS,qw(CODE XMP); Customizing the Indenting If you wish to have your own personal style of indenting, you can change the $INDENT variable: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = " "; would cause the indents to be two tabs. Similarly, if you wish to have more space between lines, you may change the $LINEBREAK variable: $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = " "; would create two carriage returns between lines. If you decide you want to use the regular CGI indenting, you can easily do the following: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = ""; BUGS
This section intentionally left blank. AUTHOR
Brian Paulsen <Brian@ThePaulsens.com>, with minor modifications by Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org> for incorporation into the CGI.pm dis- tribution. Copyright 1999, Brian Paulsen. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Bug reports and comments to Brian@ThePaulsens.com. You can also write to lstein@cshl.org, but this code looks pretty hairy to me and I'm not sure I understand it! SEE ALSO
CGI perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 CGI::Pretty(3pm)