Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to create and remove desktop icons from shell scripts Post 302231027 by broli on Monday 1st of September 2008 09:20:41 AM
Old 09-01-2008
which OS ?
i cant read minds (yet)
post more info (alot more info)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell scripts to create 100 users

Hello i need a shell script to create 100 users i am running hp-ux......... startegy is something like this craete a shell script !/bin/ksh counter=1 while do { useradd usr$counter passwd usr$counter # here begins my problem when i say passwd usr$counter #it again prompts... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
9 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How do I create desktop icons for the shell programs I create???

I am a bash shell programmer and I create programs on occasional basis. Now, I dont want my programs to be run by typing out its name at a command line. I want to make it as user friendly as possible. I want to create icons on the desktop so users can click on it. mind you, I said "desktop... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redhat 7.2 icons on desktop

Hello all, Is there a way to change the behavior of the gnome desktop manager so that when your iconify a window it will be place on the desktop intead on on the task manager (gnome-panel)? It gets confusing having to loook throught the gnome-panle for the window I want when you have alot of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larry
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running unix scripts by clicking windown icons

any idea..... If i want to run the scripts in unix...can it be done ..just by clicking icons on a windows machine ( connectivity exists between the windows & unix machine ) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP is using shell scripts create ? for file

ftp -n -v <<EOF verbose open 3.57.40.79 user infodvlp pr0gram ascii lcd /home/a501420038/GLA/Success_Load/ cd /ftp/SrcFiles/csg/InstruAsia/ get AU_Success_Log.txt close quit EOF Please help on this, this gives the out put "AU_Success_Log.txt?" As question mark in the last what will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a501420038
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files

Experts, I am newbie in shell scripting. I want to write Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files. I have installed cygwin at c:\cygwin and i am trying to crate the sh file using vi editor. i am not able to understand how to use linux/unix convention for the code. following is my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell scripts - create a filename with the date appended

I am looking to do something where if I created a file named backup,or whatever it would print a name like “backup_Apr_11_2011”. Thanks citizencro (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: citizencro
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Auto Arrange desktop icons

Hi all, I want to auto-arrange the desktop icons in Solaris 10. I believe it uses the nautilus file manager. thanks in advance oky (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oky
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How I can create this Shell scripts?

Hi friends you can solve my question about make 3 shell scripts? Thanks for all! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dakota
1 Replies

10. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Create/remove desktop short cuts via command line RHEL 6.3....

I would like to write a script that would remove and/or create shortcuts in Gnome desktop in RHEL 6.3... I googled all over the place could never find what I needed... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruberked
0 Replies
VM(1)								      mgetty								     VM(1)

NAME
vm - VoiceModem is the program for handling the voice modem functionality from shell scripts ACTIONS
beep options [<frequency [<length in 0.001sec>]]> diagnostics options device name (e.g. ttyS2 dial options phone number help play options [<file names]+> record options file name shell options [<shell script [shell options]]> wait options [<time in seconds]> devicetest OPTIONS
-c n use compression type n -d n set i/o device -t, -m, -i, -e, -s, -H equals to -d <2,3,4,5,6,7> -l s set device string (e.g. -l ttyS2:ttyC0) -v verbose output -w use off / on hook signal from local handset to start and stop recording -x n set debug level -L n set maximum recording length in sec -P print first DTMF tone on stdout and exit -R read and print DTMF string on stdout and exit -S s set default shell for shell scripts (e.g. -S /bin/sh) -T n set silence timeout in 0.1sec -V n set silence threshold to <n> (0-100%%) SEE ALSO
vgetty(1) POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 30: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' Around line 32: '=item' outside of any '=over' Around line 71: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.10.1 2010-04-04 VM(1)