Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FreeBSD pen drive issue....
Operating Systems BSD FreeBSD pen drive issue.... Post 302230960 by tsurko on Monday 1st of September 2008 06:27:05 AM
Old 09-01-2008
I haven't used Gnome on FreeBSD - usually I mount my pen drives manually. If you can do it you can be sure that this is Gnome related problem. Try this:
mount -t msdosfs /dev/da0 /mnt
where /dev/da0 is the device node and /mnt is the desired mount point.
Also you can check with dmesg if the pen drive is recognized.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB pen drive support

Hello, I need information or tooling for using my USB pen drive (DANE-ELEC) in a unix environment. Until now I only get the "format window" in the unix machine but after giving OK for running the format, it never stops and I have to stop it manually. Seems that what I need is format my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Argento73
0 Replies

2. Debian

linux on 128MB pen drive?

hello, I want to install minimal linux on 128MB pen drive. distro is debian. what all should i need? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

USB Pen Drive & Hard Disk

Hi Guys, I have an external USB Hard Disk Drive on which I have 3 partitions and it works fine under Windows XP but when I am using Red Hat Linux 5 I don't see any icon for this USB HDD. Also I am not able to browse my USB Pen Drive. However, I can use it under Mandrake Linux without any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a script when pen drive is inserted

Hi, I need to run a script whenever a pen drive is connected to my ubuntu machine. The script is to be run from local disk and with privileges of current user. How do I achieve this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: friendlyweb
1 Replies

5. Linux

How to Install Linux os from USB pen drive

can any body tell simple steps to install linux from pen drive (4gb) fat32 ( with out dvd rom ) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
3 Replies

6. Linux

Not able to remove virus from a pen drive

Hello Friends, My pendrive (FAT32 filesystem) consist of following files+viruses. -rwxr-xr-x 1 chinmay root 0 2010-03-10 01:29 autorun.inf dr-xr-xr-x 2 chinmay root 4096 2010-03-09 23:51 Docs -rwxr-xr-x 1 chinmay root 4726162 2010-03-08 15:02 java_ee_sdk-5_03-javadocs.zip... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catchchinu1
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

making pen drive bootable

Anyone can plz tell me how to make pendrive bootable.unetbootin dont have option for red hat (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamapraveen
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to mount USB Pen drive on my Server

Hello Gurus!! Very recently i tried to mount a USB pen drive onto my solaris 10 (X4170 model) server. As i understand, in ideal scenarios it should get mounted automatically, but it did not happen. Neither anything is shown in "iostat -En" output or "rmformat -l" about the pen drive. I also... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
10 Replies

9. SCO

Sco unix 5.0 copy file to pen drive

I have a server unix Sco 5.0 and copy some backup files to flopy drive using command "Tar", but i like copy this files to pen drive, is possible ? my know about Sco is less. Tks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger2112
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How to mount USB pen drive?

Hiii, Please let me know the steps for mounting my USB pendrive in solaris 10 platform. Thanks & Regards, Bhargav P (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
5 Replies
FREEBSD-VERSION(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					FREEBSD-VERSION(1)

NAME
freebsd-version -- print the version and patch level of the installed system SYNOPSIS
freebsd-version [-ku] DESCRIPTION
The freebsd-version utility makes a best effort to determine the version and patch level of the installed kernel and / or userland. The following options are available: -k Print the version and patch level of the installed kernel. Unlike uname(1), if a new kernel has been installed but the system has not yet rebooted, freebsd-version will print the version and patch level of the new kernel. -u Print the version and patch level of the installed userland. These are hardcoded into freebsd-version during the build. If both -k and -u are specified, freebsd-version will print the kernel version first, then the userland version, on separate lines. If nei- ther is specified, it will print the userland version only. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
The freebsd-version utility should provide the correct answer in the vast majority of cases, including on systems kept up-to-date using freebsd-update(8), which does not update the kernel version unless the kernel itself was affected by the latest patch. To determine the name (and hence the location) of a custom kernel, the freebsd-version utility will attempt to parse /boot/defaults/loader.conf and /boot/loader.conf, looking for definitions of the kernel and bootfile variables, both with a default value of ``kernel''. It may however fail to locate the correct kernel if either or both of these variables are defined in a non-standard location, such as in /boot/loader.rc. ENVIRONMENT
ROOT Path to the root of the filesystem in which to look for loader.conf and the kernel. EXAMPLES
To determine the version of the currently running userland: /bin/freebsd-version -u To inspect a system being repaired using a live CD: mount -rt ufs /dev/ada0p2 /mnt env ROOT=/mnt /mnt/bin/freebsd-version -ku SEE ALSO
uname(1), loader.conf(5), freebsd-version(8) HISTORY
The freebsd-version command appeared in FreeBSD 10.0. AUTHORS
The freebsd-version utility and this manual page were written by Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
October 5, 2013 BSD