Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to find latest date and time of the files Post 302230894 by Annihilannic on Monday 1st of September 2008 02:03:59 AM
Old 09-01-2008
Please don't post duplicate threads.

https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...ix-script.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script to find files by date and size

Hi, I have a directory PRIVATE in which I have several directories and each of these have several files. Therefore, I need to find those files by size and date to back up those files in another directory. I don't know how to implement this shell script using ''find''. appreciate any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dadadc
1 Replies

2. AIX

find files with specific date and time

Hi, I wanna to find files with specific date and time. I know this command: ls -ltr /system1/*.505 | grep 'Jan 18 09:00'. I want the 'Jan 18 09:00' not hard coded, I want it coming from the system date and time. And I want the time varies from 09:00-09:05. Is this possible without heavy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script?

How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script? I have four files to be FTP'ed from remote server. They are of the following format. build1_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt build2_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt build3_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt buifile_count_mmddyyyy.txt ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran_affu
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the Content of a LOG File which has latest Date and Time

Hi All, Need a small help. I have a log file which keeps updating for every Minute with multiple number of lines. I just want to grep few properties which has latest Date and Time to it. How do i do it? I wanted to grep a property by name "Reloading cache with a maximum of" from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvindraneel
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed shell script to get the latest file based on date

hi i need the shell script to get the file with latest date. for example in my input folder i have files like file_20130212.txt file_20130211.txt now my output folder should have the file with latest date i.e..file_20120212.txt i want to get the latest file .. i.e is should take... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract latest file by looking at date time stamp from a directory?

hi, i have a Archive directory in which files are archived or stored with date and time stamp to prevent over writing. example: there are 5 files s1.txt s2.txt s3.txt s4.txt s5.txt while moving these files to archive directory, date and time stamp is added. of format `date... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find latest date in folder

HI I have folder in home dir. /home/kpp/07222013 /home/kpp/07212013 /home/kpp/07202013 Output :-- /home/kpp/07222013 Just find latest date (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date / Time difference in shell script

================================================================================ Request ID GMDCOM TIME GMDRRS TIME COM-RRS ================================================================================ <36812974> Tue Oct 1 13:32:40 2013 Tue Oct 1 20:36:42 2013... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date / Time difference in shell script

Request ID GMDCOMTM GMDRRSTIME GMDRESTIME <36812986> : : :I want to display the date -time difference in other fields. Above I have given for only 1 record. I want to calculate for all the records. (GMCOMTM - GMDRRSTM) ,(GMDRRSTM-GMDRESTM) and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest file name with a date and time and then download from FTP

Hi All, Please help. I have requirement to read the file / folder based on the latest date and download the file and folder. There will be files and folders in the location like 20140630-144422 20140630-144422.csv 20140707-182653 20140707-182653.csv 20140710-183153... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
7 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)