Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMIT - No TERM variable set
Operating Systems AIX SMIT - No TERM variable set Post 302230826 by agasamapetilon on Sunday 31st of August 2008 04:11:43 PM
Old 08-31-2008
I tried with xterm and finally I could use SMIT. Thanks for your help mate Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting TERM variable

Does anybody know how to give a default TERM variable while telnetting to Solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DPAI
1 Replies

2. Programming

Create a Term & Run chars on this Term

hi floks ! i'd like to know how can i transmete a character or a string from my source code to a term and make it interpret or un by the shell wich is running in my term. I'd like to create a Term from my code (and get its file descriptor) and then transmete each char typed on the keyboard to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_tical
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Export command giving Variable Name vs the Value set for the Variable

I'm having an issue when I export within my program. I'm getting the variable name, not the variable value. I have a configuration file (config.txt) that has the values of the variables set as so: set -a export ARCHIVEPOSourceDir="/interfaces/po/log /interfaces/po/data" export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ParNone
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search term and output term in desired field

Hi All, I have an input_file below and i would like to use Perl to search for the term "aaa" and output the 3rd term in the same row as "aaa".For Example, i want to search for the term "ddd" and would want the code to ouput the 3rd term in the same row which is "fff". Can somebody help ? ... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
28 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

set variable with another variable? c shell

okay, this shouldn't be difficult but I can't figure it out. How can I set a variable with another variable. I have the following: foreach pe ($dir $sp) set tpe = `echo $pe | grep M` if ($tpe == M) then set ${$pe} = M <--- This doesn't work else endif end In this case what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxornot
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

set variable in while loop?

Dear All, Can anyone advise why this script isn't run as expected? =========================== status=0 cat /etc/passwd | while read line; do status=1 done echo $status =========================== it always return 0 , but not 1. why? anything wrong? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Where is TERM variable set on linux machines ?

We have two machines, prod and uat. The TERM variable in both machines are different prod echo $TERM vt100 UAT echo $TERM xterm I have checked the .profile file and could not find any entry ? There are some scripts on the box which are run by Autosys scheduler they seem to run in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit1_x
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

What is the use of command set -- and set - variable?

Hi, I am using hp unix i want to know the use of the following commands set -- set - variable thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomathi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know who and where a variable is set ?

hi, i'm not a root user and i want to know which user and in which file is loaded a variable seen in the "env" display ? I will use this variable but i want to be sure that it will be a permanent variable ! i don't see it in my files (.profile , kshrc...) and neither in /etc/profile. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

do you have a better way to set this variable?

greetings, i have a variable $input that i want to use to set $output. $input is /dir/filename.mph and $input is passed to my script that i manipulate it as follows: input=`basename $input`i want the $output to be filename_solved.mph, basically stuffing "_solved" in the filename. here's how i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
2 Replies
UL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						     UL(1)

NAME
ul -- do underlining SYNOPSIS
ul [-i] [-t terminal] [name ...] DESCRIPTION
Ul reads the named files (or standard input if none are given) and translates occurrences of underscores to the sequence which indicates underlining for the terminal in use, as specified by the environment variable TERM. The terminfo database is read to determine the appropri- ate sequences for underlining. If the terminal is incapable of underlining, but is capable of a standout mode then that is used instead. If the terminal can overstrike, or handles underlining automatically, ul degenerates to cat(1). If the terminal cannot underline, underlining is ignored. The following options are available: -i Underlining is indicated by a separate line containing appropriate dashes `-'; this is useful when you want to look at the underlin- ing which is present in an nroff output stream on a crt-terminal. -t terminal Overrides the terminal type specified in the environment with terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is used: TERM The TERM variable is used to relate a tty device with its device capability description (see terminfo(5)). TERM is set at login time, either by the default terminal type specified in /etc/ttys or as set during the login process by the user in their login file (see setenv(1)). SEE ALSO
man(1), nroff(1), colcrt(1) BUGS
Nroff usually outputs a series of backspaces and underlines intermixed with the text to indicate underlining. No attempt is made to optimize the backward motion. HISTORY
The ul command appeared in 3.0BSD. AVAILABILITY
The ul command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. 4th Berkeley Distribution June 6, 1993 4th Berkeley Distribution