Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting stoped job using ctrl+z now want to run in nohup Post 302230699 by vidyadhar85 on Sunday 31st of August 2008 12:15:38 AM
Old 08-31-2008
when you press ctrl+z you will get PID
then run
Quote:
nohup -p PID

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Disable ctrl-c,ctrl-d,ctrl-d in ksh script

I wrote a ksh script for Helpdesk. I need to know how to disable ctrl-c,ctrl-z,ctrl-d..... so that helpdesk would not be able to get to system prompt :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtofu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

nohup in cron job

Hello, I have bunch of shell scripts, which I want to execute every hour in the background. So I created a script mainscript.sh which executes these hourly scripts in the background. Script goes like this. mainscript.sh #!/bin/sh nohup sh subscript1.sh & nohup sh subscrip2.sh & exit 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: papachi_2000
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't cancel nohup job

Yesterday I started a nohup job called assoc.sh. It has not finished running, but I have realised a problem with my script, so wish to cancel it, modify and restart it. However, I cannot find the PID, so can't cancel it. I have searched the ps list and nothing resembles my job - how can I cancel... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: polly_falconer
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run Script With nohup Command On A Different Server

Hi, I want to run a particular script present in a different server. At the moment I am trying to run it like this: (sleep 3; echo $USERID; sleep 1; echo $PASSWORD ; sleep 1 ; sleep 1 ; echo "nohup perl myscript.pl $* &")| telnet "$server" But the problem is that once the script has... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find the process was run using nohup or ksh.

Hi, I want to write a script which should be run only on foreground. Is there any way that the script can check itself whether it was run using nohup or ksh and if the user runs the script using nohup then it should prompt the user to run it using ksh? If (The user triggers the script using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RRVARMA
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run process with nohup every certain time

Hi, I need execute a script every 30 minutes. As might be done without using cron Thx. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepeli30
6 Replies

7. AIX

Backgroup job using nohup

Hi, I ran a program like following sample.sh & Later I realized that this job will take more hours to complete. Since it consumed 2 hours dat aprocessing and I don't want to terminate and then start the job like nohup sample.sh & Can you please tell me, is it possible to make this job no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nohup - sub job in script not executing until I exit

My job is launched using this command: I'm at home and having VPN drops so I used nohup and background. nohup perf_mon -c rating_4_multi,cfg & The main script is PID 26119, and the sub task under it is 26118 which is not running - just sits there. 26119 runs forever but nothing else runs. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ido1957
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i execute nohup and background job inside the korn script for db2

load_cursor_stmt() { ls /db/admin/ddl/rmn01000/load_cursor*.sql|while read file do echo "${file}" `nohup db2 -tvf "$file" \&` done }Error: ------- /admin/ddl/rmn01000/load_cursor5.sql /db/admin/ddl/rmn01000/load_cursor6.sql + read file + echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nohup apending data each time i run script

I have a problem here. i am running my script in nohup but if i run it 2 or three time , in my output i see it is giving me old data as well, in-spite i delete nohup.out file. i tried to look a lot from where the old data is coming. can some one tell me how the old data is also coming again and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
11 Replies
kill.d(1m)							   USER COMMANDS							kill.d(1m)

NAME
kill.d - snoop process signals as they occur. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
kill.d DESCRIPTION
kill.d is a simple DTrace program to print details of process signals as they are sent, such as the PID source and destination, signal num- ber and result. This program can be used to determine which process is sending signals to which other process. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
Default output, print process signals as they are sent. # kill.d FIELDS
FROM source PID COMMAND source command name TO destination PID SIG destination signal ("9" for a kill -9) RESULT result of signal (-1 is for failure) DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
kill.d will run forever until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
dtrace(1M), truss(1) version 0.90 May 14, 2005 kill.d(1m)