Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove Garbage Output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove Garbage Output Post 302230328 by Franklin52 on Friday 29th of August 2008 04:46:15 AM
Old 08-29-2008
Post your script within code tags (select the code and click on the # above the edit window).

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Remove Garbage Character

Hello, Whenever I transfer files between machines, I find a garbage character (^M) being appended to the end of every line of the file. Can you suggest a script wherein I can eliminate the garbage character. I tried sed 's/^M//g' < filename > filename1 ...but it doesn't work. Also, this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eddie_The_Head
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Garbage output

I am using following code to read myfile.ddl line by line. But the thing is it is printing lot of garbage which are the names of the files and directories in which myfile.ddl is present. Kindly refine the code so that only myfile.ddl contents are only read LOGFILE="logfile.txt"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

vi command -output garbage char in HP-UX

Hi all , I am new to HP-UX flavour of unix. i am issuing simple "vi" comand on the command prompt it is showing me some garbage character in command prompt itself ..unreadable format. I tried opening an existing file using the vi editor --and same thing ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting garbage values in "df-k" output in solaris

Hi, I am running a command "df -k" to check the HDD utilization i am getting some garbage values in output of the command. Output coming Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s7 113197651... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunksharma87
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting garbage in the output file of shell script

Hi Everyone, The problem is that I am getting messages other than the script in the current log file. Ideally the script should contain only the messages that are redirected to the log file. How to remove these unwanted data from the log file. Please help if you have any idea how to remove the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting garbage in the output file of shell script

Hi, I wrote one shell script and I am calling 1 sql script inside shell script. When I am running the shell script, I am getting actual data as well as garbage data in the output file. Why the garbage is there in the log file. Please help if anybody having any ides. Script: ------- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Garbage value

I write a program to find a palindromic region in given sequences. but it dosen't seems to be run well. please give me your suggestions INPUT: AGCTAGCTCGAAGGTAG code is here #!/usr/bin/perl #Palindromic sequence print "enter the sequence:\n"; $rna = <STDIN>; chomp $rna; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujit_singh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore garbage output file

Hi All, below is my shell script #!/bin/sh set -x echo "test for multiple values" UIDPSWD=`cat /projects/feeds/twest/uidpswd` echo "oracle connection test" full=/projects/feeds/twest/test_file values=`cut -d'|' -f1 $full|sed -e "s/.*/'&'/" -e 's/$/,/g' -e '$s/,$//'` sqlplus $UIDPSWD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Some % of Garbage Collection

I need to write a python script that will look at the local gc logs. 6 sys=0.00, real=0.06 secs] 2019-06-05T07:43:12.029-0500: 1072696.494: 2791209K->1995953K(2796544K)] 2803355K->1995953K(4164608K), , 3.0299555 secs] 2019-06-05T07:43:17.149-0500: 1072701.614: 3334321K->2008193K(4167680K),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies
LWM(1)							      General Commands Manual							    LWM(1)

NAME
lwm - Lightweight Window Manager for the X Window System SYNTAX
lwm [ -s session-id ] DESCRIPTION
Lwm is a window manager for the X Window System. It provides enough features to allow the user to manage their windows, and no more. Windows are surrounded by a frame with a titlebar at the top next to a small box. The frame is a grey colour for all windows except that which has the input focus, where it is black. In the default configuration, lwm uses the enter-to-focus scheme, where moving the pointer into a window gives that window the input focus. Lwm may also be configured to use the click-to-focus scheme, where a window must be clicked on (with any button) to receive the input focus. Clicking on a window in this mode causes the window to be raised. Note that a click used to focus a window is always swallowed by lwm, so clicking a button in a new window requires two clicks. A button 1 click on a window frame brings that window to the top. Dragging button 1 on the frame of a resizable window repositions that edge of the window. If a corner rather than an edge is dragged, then both edges forming the corner are repositioned. While you're reshaping a window, a little window pops up to show you the window's current size. In the default configuration, button 1 on the root window does nothing. Button 2 is used to drag a window by its frame, repositioning the window but maintaining its position in the window stack. In the default configuration, button 2 on the root window brings up a new shell. A button 3 click on a window frame hides that window. Pressing button 3 on the root window brings up a menu of all the hidden windows. Releasing the button while over an item will unhide the named window. A button 3 click in the frame while Shift is held down pushes the window to the back, under any other windows. (Users with 4-button mice are encouraged to use their fourth button for this function.) A click with any button inside the little white box in a window's frame can be used to close the window. OPTIONS
Lwm accepts the following command line options: -s specifies a client ID for the X Session Management system, and is used exclusively by session managers. RESOURCES
Lwm understands the following X resources: titlefont font used in window titles popupFont font used in popup window (menu/size indicator) border width in pixels of window borders button1 program spawned when button 1 is clicked on the root window button2 program spawned when button 2 is clicked on the root window focus focus mode, one of "enter" for enter-to-focus (or sloppy focus), or "click" for click-to-focus SEE ALSO
X(7) AUTHORS
Elliott Hughes <ehughes@bluearc.com>, James Carter <james@jfc.org.uk> LWM(1)