Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Redirection problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Redirection problem Post 302230244 by Annihilannic on Thursday 28th of August 2008 10:58:57 PM
Old 08-28-2008
Why are you running ls -l in the background (i.e. with & on the end)? Perhaps if you remove the & you will get the output you desire.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

facing a problem in redirection

Hi, I am doing this perl script print (@line(1..15)); the lines 1 to 15 get printed... how can i redirect this to file? thanks and regards vivek.s (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirection Problem

I was simply trying to redirect some output in a log file but it foxed me. truss a.out > log It gave only the output of the a.out which was only a simple print "Hello" Then I tried truss a.out 2&1>a echo `truss a.out` > a All failed. What am i missing. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirection problem

Hello Experts, I am facing the following problem .. >cat my_file prints initial begin StartSim; LDR(on); // Lock Detect Enable But when I trying the same with the following command it shows me all the line in the same line.Like ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirection problem

hi all, how to redirect the stdout msg in command line and file at the same time? e.g i got the script named test.sh, content as following: #!/bin/sh echo "111" when i run the script ./test.sh > log.log, it will wirte the "111" into log.log, but how to show the "111" in command line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_wong_ch
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file redirection problem

my querry is suppose i have duplicate std i/p with FD-3 --exec 0<&3 now redirected std i/p to a file ----exec 0<file1 suppose i am reading the file line by line --while read LINE cutting some fields and comparing it with a variable and if a match is found ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH Problem / Question regarding redirection

Hi all, Maybe someone is able to help: Need to redirect the output of a command in realtime to a second command. Command-A executes a remote shell to another host, and outputs its results. Command-B displays a "dialog" with the outputs of Command-A. Command-A Output: Updating FileA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mharald
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem of redirection with <<! ... !)

Hi, I have to migrate Korn Shell who call Sybase command into Oracle Command. I have a problem on this example : DATNUM=$( sqlplus -S SA/SASASA@MIGGVDEV <<! SET FEEDBACK OFF; SET HEADING OFF; select sybase_utilities.datediff('DAY', '01/01/1900', '01/01/2000') from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzy1804
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in redirection of output

Hi All, i m facing very strange problem . like suppose i am in one directory and then i type ls it will display the content of directory then i redirect the output as sneha-pardus $ ls > test sneha-pardus $ cat test a.sh b.sh c.sh sneha-pardus $ awk ' { print $1 } ' test > test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

little problem of file redirection (awk)

I almost reach my objective (Youhouuu !!!!) But I really don't understand why it doesn't work until the end... :wall: For clarity's sake I am taking a very simple example. The operations I am doing in the script (gsub and print) really don't have any importance !!! I just matter about... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with file redirection in while

I've got a problem with file redirection in bash, in loop while (in my script done < bufor.txt). In every consecutive iteration there's a possibility that to the bufor.txt will be added some lines. Unfortunately, in loop, added lines are ignored (for example: bufor.txt has 5 lines, in 3rd iteration... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk9
4 Replies
pnmcrop(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   pnmcrop(1)

NAME
pnmcrop - crop a portable anymap SYNOPSIS
pnmcrop [-white|-black|-sides] [-left] [-right] [-top] [-bottom] [pnmfile] All options may be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix or specified with double hyphens. DESCRIPTION
Reads a PBM, PGM, or PPM image as input. Removes borders that are the background color, and produces the same type of image as output. If you don't specify otherwise, pnmcrop assumes the background color is whatever color the top left and right corners of the image are and if they are different colors, something midway between them. You can specify that the background is white or black with the -white and -black options or make pnmcrop base its guess on all four corners instead of just two with -sides. By default, pnmcrop chops off any stripe of background color it finds, on all four sides. You can tell pnmcrop to remove only specific borders with the -left, -right, -top, and -bottom options. If you want to chop a specific amount off the side of an image, use pnmcut. If you want to add different borders after removing the existing ones, use pnmcat or pnmcomp. OPTIONS
-white Take white to be the background color. pnmcrop removes borders which are white. -black Take black to be the background color. pnmcrop removes borders which are black. -sides Determine the background color from the colors of the four corners of the input image. pnmcrop removes borders which are of the background color. If at least three of the four corners are the same color, pnmcrop takes that as the background color. If not, pnmcrop looks for two corners of the same color in the following order, taking the first found as the background color: top, left, right, bottom. If all four corners are different colors, pnmcrop assumes an average of the four colors as the background color. The -sides option slows pnmcrop down, as it reads the entire image to determine the background color in addition to the up to three times that it would read it without -sides. -left Remove any left border. -right Remove any right border. -top Remove any top border. -bottom Remove any bottom border. -verbose Print on Standard Error information about the processing, including exactly how much is being cropped off of which sides. SEE ALSO
pnmcut(1), pnmfile(1), pnm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 18 March 2001 pnmcrop(1)