Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can somebody solve this
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Can somebody solve this Post 302230210 by sreenusola on Thursday 28th of August 2008 07:37:49 PM
Old 08-28-2008
Can somebody solve this

I have to find the files older than 200 days from a path and copy them to some other directory with the current date stamp attached to it.
i have written like follows:

#!/bin/ksh
DSTAMP=$(date +"%y%m%d%H%M")
rm $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/temp
touch $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/temp
chmod 777 $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/temp
find $CA_OUT_PATH/*/ftp_out -type f -mtime -200 > $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/temp
while read line
do
cp -f $line $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/${line}.$DSTAMP
done < $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/temp

but its trying to copy the entire path of the file and failing.
I need to copy the only filenames.datestamp after the search

pls look in to this help me out.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve this

I have to write an script for.. CUST: 123 trans: some contents CUST: 1234 trans: some contents Now wat i have to do is this: CUST:123 akash trans: some contents CUST:1234 akash1 trans: I have been able to add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashag22
3 Replies

2. Programming

does any one know how to solve?

Hello experts, Here is my code.I can create the database.But I also want it to see standard output.Please see the blocked code.If i use them they show me weired symbols. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> struct date { int month; int day; int year; }; struct empRec{... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlhazan
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can somebody solve this please

I have to find the files older than 200 days from a path and copy them to some other directory with the current date stamp attached to it. i have written like follows: #!/bin/ksh DSTAMP=$(date +"%y%m%d%H%M") rm $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/temp touch $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/temp chmod 777... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreenusola
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can somebody solve this

I have to find the files older than 200 days from a path and copy them to some other directory with the current date stamp attached to it. i have written like follows: #!/bin/ksh DSTAMP=$(date +"%y%m%d%H%M") rm $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/temp touch $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/temp chmod 777... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenusola
13 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

help me to solve it thank you

i thought about to use the commands : wc and sort and mybe more .. i need to write a bash script that recive a list of varuables kaka pele ronaldo beckham zidane messi rivaldo gerrard platini i need the program to print the longest word of the list. word in the output appears on a separate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yairpg
1 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

please help me to solve it

i thought about to use the commands : wc and sort cut and mybe more .. i need to write a bash script that recive a list of varuables kaka pele ronaldo beckham zidane messi rivaldo gerrard platini i need the program to print the longest word of the list. word in the output appears on a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yairpg
0 Replies
PX_TIMESTAMP2STRING(3)													    PX_TIMESTAMP2STRING(3)

px_timestamp2string - Converts the timestamp into a string.

SYNOPSIS
string px_timestamp2string (resource $pxdoc, float $value, string $format) DESCRIPTION
Turns a timestamp as it stored in the paradox file into human readable format. Paradox timestamps are the number of miliseconds since 0001-01-02. This function is just for convenience. It can be easily replaced by some math and the calendar functions as demonstrated in the following example. PARAMETERS
o $pxdoc - Resource identifier of the paradox database. o $value - Value as stored in paradox database field of type PX_FIELD_TIME, or PX_FIELD_TIMESTAMP. o $format - String format similar to the format used by date(3). The placeholders support by this function is a subset of those supported by date(3) (Y, y, m, n, d, j, H, h, G, g, i, s, A, a, L). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Turn a paradox timestamp into a human readable form <?php $px = px_new(); /* make up a date as it could be stored in */ /* a date field of a paradox db. */ /* 700000 days since 1.1.0000. */ $days = 700000; /* Use the calendar functions to print a */ /* human readable format of the date */ echo jdtogregorian($days+1721425)." "; /* Turn it into a timestamp as it stored in a paradox database */ /* Timestamps are stored in miliseconds since 0001-01-02 */ $stamp = $days * 86400.0 * 1000.0; /* Add one hour */ $stamp += 3600000.0; /* The following will output '7/15/1917 01:00:00'. */ echo px_timestamp2string($px, $stamp, "n/d/Y H:i:s")." "; px_delete($px); ?> The above example will output: 7/15/1917 7/15/1917 01:00:00 The Julian day count as passed to jdtogregorian(3) has a different base of 1.1.4714 b.c. and must therefore be calculated by adding 1721425 to the day count used in the paradox file. Turning the day count into a timestamp is easily done by multiplying with 86400000.0 to obtain miliseconds. SEE ALSO
px_date2string(3), jdtogregorian(3). PHP Documentation Group PX_TIMESTAMP2STRING(3)