Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MS basic compiler for linux
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu MS basic compiler for linux Post 302230128 by lochraven on Thursday 28th of August 2008 05:08:01 PM
Old 08-28-2008
MS basic compiler for linux

I have a client who's software is written in ms basic for xenix and compiled on SCO. They would like to get it running on Linux.

Does anyone know if there is a MS Basic compiler avialable for Linux?

Or is there a way for Linux to run an SCO application?

Thanks

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Windows C++ compiler for Linux

Does anyone here know of any good windows c++ compiler for linux? so that I can compile c++ programs in Linux (this is very possible!). Doesnt mather if it is a real windows compiler that works in wine or if its a compiler written for linux but compiles windows binaries (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
4 Replies

2. Programming

Doubts About C Compiler In Unix/linux

As all of you know whenever a program "say a.c" is complied in linux using the gcc or the cc compiler..it shows the list of errors ( if the program contains any).. i want to modify the compier script so as to list the no of errors only and not the description about the error..like" parse error " ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vrs
1 Replies

3. Programming

C compiler to build Sparc/Solaris binaries on Linux

Just that the Subject says. I am looking for a C compiler for Linux x86 that will allow me to compile a C source code file and the resulting binary will be able to run on a Sparc running Solaris. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

GCC compiler on linux box

Hi All, My main aim is to find the version of GCC compiler installed on linux box. Case 1: When i use gcc -v i get the foll. O/P Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux7/2.96/specs gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-128) case 2: when i use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashok_oct22
3 Replies

5. Linux

C Compiler on LINUX

Hi, I am a new user for LINUX. I have started learning C programming. I have heard that there is gcc & g++ compilers already available on LINUX by default. Kindly guide where to find these compliers on LINUX. Regards (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

GCC compiler installation on Linux OS

Need assistance in getting a GCC compiler on linux server . I wanted to install GCC compiler under local user . System doesnt have any compiler . Is there a way to get a compiler installed without a root user, cant install using (rpm, yum ) When I try to compile the gcc source i get the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
7 Replies

7. Linux

Xlc compiler on Redhat Linux

Hi , Currently i have my c and pro*c code got compiled in IBM POWER - AIX machine with xlc compiler version 9. We are planning to migrate all our applications from IBM POWER - AIX to Redhat Linux. Can i use the same current (IBM AIX) xlc compiler with the same compiling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugunthanvh
3 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xalan & Xerces issues for Oracle Linux 6.6 & Solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux

Hi Team, I am facing issue while using Xalan & Xerces for my application. Below are my environment details i am using :- Platform:- Oracle Linux 6.6 Compiler :- solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux Below are the versions of Xalan & Xerces source code used to build the shared object... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrachirag
0 Replies
Linux::Distribution(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Linux::Distribution(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution - Perl extension to detect on which Linux distribution we are running. SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution qw(distribution_name distribution_version); if(my $distro = distribution_name) { my $version = distribution_version(); print "you are running $distro, version $version "; } else { print "distribution unknown "; } Or else do it OO: use Linux::Distribution qw(distribution_name distribution_version); my $linux = Linux::Distribution->new; if(my $distro = $linux->distribution_name()) { my $version = $linux->distribution_version(); print "you are running $distro, version $version "; } else { print "distribution unknown "; } DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that tries to guess on what linux distribution we are running by looking for release's files in /etc. It now looks for 'lsb-release' first as that should be the most correct and adds ubuntu support. Secondly, it will look for the distro specific files. It currently recognizes slackware, debian, suse, fedora, redhat, turbolinux, yellowdog, knoppix, mandrake, conectiva, immunix, tinysofa, va-linux, trustix, adamantix, yoper, arch-linux, libranet, gentoo, ubuntu, scientific, oracle enterprise linux and redflag. It has function to get the version for debian, suse, fedora, redhat, gentoo, slackware, scientific, oracle enterprise linux, redflag and ubuntu(lsb). People running unsupported distro's are greatly encouraged to submit patches :-) EXPORT None by default. TODO
Add the capability of recognize the version of the distribution for all recognized distributions. AUTHORS
Alexandr Ciornii <alexchorny@gmail.com>, <http://chorny.net> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-18 Linux::Distribution(3pm)