Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help mounting Windows share in UNIX Post 302230033 by era on Thursday 28th of August 2008 01:15:55 PM
Old 08-28-2008
So I guess it's pretty safe to conclude that the NFS is not installed or not correctly configured on the Windows box.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Mounting a windows share on AIX

Hi, How can I mount a Windows share (over samba) on an AIX machine? I know there is a utility called smbmount on Linux, but alas, I cannot find out how to the same thing on AIX. anyone have any ideas? thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: szahir1
3 Replies

2. Linux

how i can share the file between unix or linux in windows ??

hello everybody i have one quetion :( about how i can share my file in windows to use it in linux explane i have to opreating system windows xp and linux fedore core and unix ( sun solaris 10 ) and i want to open me file that is storege in windows <<< want to open it in unix or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msn22
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Mounting of unix NFS to windows XP

is it possible? i will only config on the windows side. is there a third party software to help me accomplish this? tnx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amaru
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Mount a Unix share drive on Windows

We are trying to mount a Unix share drive on a Windows 2003 server to avoid transfering files accross the network using sftp. I can see shared drives on the Solaris server using the "share" command. How can I mount the drives on my Windows server so that I can read them directly. Do I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbdenham
2 Replies

5. Solaris

mounting windows share folder

please help me,,i need step to mount windows share folder,,i try samba and nfs and it didnt work (in my linux server the command is fine),,can somenone give me an example for this to be done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cellscript
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] error while mounting windows share on linux

Hi whan i am trying to mount a windows share on linux i received the following error can some one help me with thsi # mount -t cifs \\\\servername\testdata -o username=xw27,password=*es*feed /test Mounting the DFS root for a particular server not implemented yet No ip address specified... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting a standard user, windows share at login

I know how to mount my share via /etc/fstab automatically when the system boots but since I do not have root permission to access the /etc/fstab nor do I think that the system admin wants me to add an entry in /etc/fstab all together. So what file could I add my mount entry in? mount -t cifs... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ftp from UNIX to windows share

Unix Expects, I am trying to connect to Unix server to windows share point using ftp or fstp. I want to get excel file from windows share to unix server. But i am not able to do it. Can you please help me on this. :confused: Cheers (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mounting Windows Share to Linux Server

Hi Folks - I need to mount a Windows Share to a Linux server. What is the best/easiest way to do this? Is this 'how-to' guide accurate: How to Share Files Between Windows and Linux Or is there a better method you could share? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting a samba share

Hi, I need to mount a directory from a Windows server to a CentOS box. The Windows server used is Windows Server 2003, and the path to the directory that I want to mount on CentOS is C:\Tomcat6\webapps\NASApp\logs. I am not sure of the correct way to mount this on CentOS, as most of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
remote_nfs_swap(5)						File Formats Manual						remote_nfs_swap(5)

NAME
remote_nfs_swap - enable swapping across NFS VALUES
Default Allowed values DESCRIPTION
This tunable controls adding a NFS filesystem for use as swap. If is set to only local filesystems and devices can be used for swap. If it is set to both local and networked file systems can be used for swap. Historically, this tunable was used in NFS clusters that are no longer supported, but this capability has not yet been removed. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect on the next boot. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? Almost never. As previously mentioned, this tunable was designed for systems which are not in use today. Only systems with extremely robust NFS capabilities should even consider using NFS for swap. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? If the value is set to and a NFS partition is added as swap, then some kernel memory will be set aside for NFS transactions to the swap file system. The kernel will then use the NFS swap partition just the same as a local file system. If the NFS capabilities of the system are not robust, this could lead to extremely long swap times (both swap in and swap out), and possibly a loss of memory because all the reserved memory and more could be used by NFS (just when memory pressure is high) causing the need for swap. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? Unless you are positive that the NFS system can handle the load of being used as swap, and does not have a local file system or disk drive to spare, this tunable should be set to What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? Any previously defined NFS swap filesystems will no longer be allowed. Kernel memory will not be reserved for NFS transactions due to swap. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Tunable Kernel Parameters remote_nfs_swap(5)